Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 4:12pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Vitor appears to be confirmed. I don't get why Rogers would have been a problem though, Affliction loaned Strikeforce AA.
    Yeah. Vitor. Meh.

Slightly more complicated than the Affliction --> Strikeforce loan because both Strikeforce and Showtime would've had to sign off on it, and Scott Coker is apparently on vacation at the moment (although he was aware of the situation), and Affliction was in an awful big hurry to announce Barnett's replacement.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 11:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 12:04am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Josh,

WHAT THE ****.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 12:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This came from here.

Barnett said he wanted to keep quiet as he prepares an appeal, and had nothing negative to say about the testing procedure.
    "It's not a big conspiracy," said Barnett, who had a previous positive banned substance test result on his record.
    While denying using steroids, Barnett said he was not in the dark as to why he tested positive. "I have a pretty good idea," he said. "I'm not really going to talk about it now." Atencio said he believed the commission was waiting for the result of Barnett's "B" sample to come back from the World Anti-Doping Agency lab at UCLA after the "A" sample came out positive before releasing a public statement. Potential punishment will not be determined until after the second sample is returned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 4:46am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am willing to fight Fedor for 2 million! Where can i fill an application form??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 7:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brett "Grimm" Rogers and Fedor fighting. I think it would be a good fight, but I like both fighters so who do I root for?
    I am very upset with Josh. I've been waiting to see this fight, and a last minute replacement just won't do for a main even unless it is a top tier HW. Highly unlikely. Well, Affliction gave it a try and there is always Strikeforce to watch. Perhaps I'll get lucky and Fedor will join one of them in the near future.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 8:12am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone else find it funny that Belfort is willing to move up to HW to fight Fedor, but refused to go to LHW to fight Mousasi?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 8:21am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe that's because he considered Babalu to be a bigger challenge?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 8:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fake Macoy View Post
    Does anyone else find it funny that Belfort is willing to move up to HW to fight Fedor, but refused to go to LHW to fight Mousasi?
    If he lost to Mousasi it would pretty badly stall his momentum since a lot of people still don't really rate Gegard and they're a similar size. If he loses to Fedor then he's a middleweight who lost to the consensus #1 heavy. Given what happened to Sylvia and Arlovski he probably only has to make it through the first round and look even faintly competitive to get a serious push out of it.

And if, by some miracle, he actually wins he can write his own cheque with Strikeforce or the UFC.

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 8:44am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    If he lost to Mousasi it would pretty badly stall his momentum since a lot of people still don't really rate Gegard and they're a similar size. If he loses to Fedor then he's a middleweight who lost to the consensus #1 heavy. Given what happened to Sylvia and Arlovski he probably only has to make it through the first round and look even faintly competitive to get a serious push out of it.

And if, by some miracle, he actually wins he can write his own cheque with Strikeforce or the UFC.
    True, and that doesn't even consider the massive cheque he receives just for accepting a Fedor fight.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast