Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ascension MMA (Roswell, GA)

This is a gym, you can go to it if you really want to.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 6/17/2010 10:28pm at . Reason: The circumstances of this gym have changed
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 11:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their guys have consistently put in good showings at grappling tournaments in the area as well, and despite my impression of some of them as kind of being jerks I certainly can't fault Junior for that. The gym clearly turns out very skilled guys and at 80$/month is probably quite a bargain in the Atl area.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 7:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $80/month is pretty decent price, though the fact that it's $80/month with NO contracts is what really makes it a bargain. Both Knuckle Up and Alliance have minimum 1 year contracts starting at $100/month, +knuckle up has a pretty hefty sign up fee. The facilities aren't as nice as other gyms, but the totally non-commercial atmosphere and dedication to helping each individual student grow as a fighter easily makes up for it in my mind. The gym really doesn't make any money and it's really obvious that everyone there is just doing it for the love of the martial arts and teaching people. There are probably a couple people signed up (though I don't know any personally) that are jerks, but you get jerks at any gym.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 1:11pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm totally ready to put it down to competitive atmosphere plus language barrier

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 11:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I mean, if you REALLY want to. Really really.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 6/17/2010 10:30pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2010 1:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained there last summer and it was awesome. They give you a discount if you're a student (I payed $75 a month for BJJ) and the atmosphere was fantastic. I only trained there for about 3 months, but the instructors, Eric especially, pushed me very hard leading up to my first competition. I got third place in Beginner's thanks to his support. I love their emphasis on drilling the **** out of everything and just building muscle memory. Small gym, great people. The only thing I didn't like was that it was about a half hour from my house, but still very worth it.

Relative to other gyms I've trained at, they're belt promotions are much stricter/longer and there are no testing fees. Great place to train at!

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 11:42am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch, what happened? Are you guys free to give details or is it something you can't go into?