Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 7:51pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shuaijiao in San Diego (Attn: Codos de Piedra)

YouTube - ‘”’”• Shuai-chiao grappling in San Diego

Any San Diego Bullies want to drop round for a look? I'd be interested in a school review.
    Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, never heard of that place. The only shuai jiao I've seen in San Diego was a wushu grading at Golden Dragon martial arts- I was just expecting wushu forms and basics, but they did some shuaijiao and sanshou and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I could drop by, but I'm not sure I'm qualified to judge the quality of a places' shuai jiao- my grappling experience is limited to moving step push hands, some submission grappling and training with Chickenbeakfist (BJJ blue, judo green I believe). He might also be a good person to ask to check the place out. My ability to watch videos sucks on this computer, so I wasn't really able to check out the video. My only concern is that I teach at another school and am not interested in finding a new place to train, and I don't want to look like I'm spying on their school, looking for a challenge, or anything that might seem disrespectful.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 9:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I certainly don't want to see anyone get involved with drama. It's just that good shuaijiao is fairly rare, and I thought it would be of interest to any CMA players in the area if this turned out to be a solid place to train.
    Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two friends of mine have been interested in getting into martial arts lately. One is leaning towards MMA but doesn't really want to compete, and the other is leaning towards judo/jujitsu. Both of them would probably like shuaijiao, and they wanted me to go with them to check places out since I have a better eye for spotting good and bad signs. I'll try to get them to check this place out and I'll go with them. I'd also like to know if there's good shuaijiao in San Diego.

Posted On:
    8/16/2009 2:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No Drama from Shuai-jiao guys!

Hey posters,
    I came across this thread and saw that you posted the video of my buddy and me throwing each other around. Just FYI, we're students of Dr. Daniel Weng in the Bay Area. Sean (white pants in video) is actually Dr. Weng's son and has been training for as long as he can remember, and I have been training for the last 16 years or so. We both happened to relocate to San Diego and Immortal Fitness was nice enough to lend us a place to train in exchange for teaching their students. We're there every Friday (if we're not traveling for our day jobs) and it's a small no BS group. If anyone wants to drop by and chat, feel free to do so. No drama from us.

-Mike

Posted On:
    8/16/2009 8:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by loudmike View Post
    If anyone wants to drop by and chat, feel free to do so. No drama from us.
    Thanks for dropping by and giving the invite, hopefully some of the San Diego members will come visit you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 1:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mantis Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Immortal Fitness Martial Arts

Hey Guys,

My name is Mike Dasargo, owner of Immortal Fitness Martial Arts,formerly the Traditional Kung Fu Academy.

We offer Mantis Boxing, Taiji, World Jianshu League fencing, and Shuai-jiao.

check out our site:
    www.SanDiegoFitnessMartialArts.com

If anyone has any questions as to the efficacy of our training methods, please stop by or give me a call:

(619) 917 - 9017.

Hope to work with you soon,
    M.Dasargo

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 1:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mantis Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice vid, thanks for posting.

Don't mess with the Mega-Buster

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: A+B, D-Pad

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to train SC back in the day, an ISCA school, so my knee jerk reaction to
    a Daniel Weng offshoot was " grrrrrrrrr". What can I say old ingrained, political, lineage,
    brewha's die hard! At this point, so far on the other side of the MMA looking glass, I couldn't care less and those fellas seem to be training live and demonstrating some interesting technique, I say check it out see how they roll.
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast