Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:26pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSambell View Post
    There is quite a strong connection with the 'street' in some schools, particularly in less salubrious locations. What I mean is that young guys will go out on a Friday or Saturday night and get into a fight (as young guys do), and they'll take there experiences back to class.
    You assumptions are invalid. It is not our 'dudes' who are drunk on the weekend (except for me maybe, but that's at home). To clarify, occasionally, people from our gym will be attacked/assaulted while out at night by drunks/gangs/junkies etc. It is valuable to know how they are attacked; what sort of techniques/weapons are involved; number of people, etc, etc.

I train with police officers and security workers. They are not 'douches'. They have no glory stories. The choose to train where they do because they find it works for them.
    Considering that you used the phrase "get into a fight" in the post where you first mentioned this, battlefields' assumption doesn't seem that far fetched. Additionally, you mentioned their youth, which seems to clash with your assertion that these were the same people who are, " police officers and security workers. They are not 'douches'. They have no glory stories. The choose to train where they do because they find it works for them."

If you had used the phrase, "occasionally they have to defend themselves", like you did when you tried to backpedal in the second quote, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So which is it, are they kids "getting into fights", or are they ever so honorable police officers and security workers, staunchly defending the public from the thug menace?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:35pm

Style: MMA - Zen Do Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, incorrect assumptions. Yes, I train with police and security; no, not everyone I train with is a police officer or security worker. Yes, young men get into fights; sometimes their fault, sometimes not.

I fail to see your point. This thread is about "your martial art sucks" or something like that. I'm pointing out the current state of affairs with some ZDK schools/gyms, and how various aspects of training contribute to the suckiness, or lack thereof. Some suck, some do not; that much should be obvious for any "style".

Care to make a relevant post anyone?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, incorrect assumptions. Yes, I train with police and security; no, not everyone I train with is a police officer or security worker. Yes, young men get into fights; sometimes their fault, sometimes not.

I fail to see your point. This thread is about "your martial art sucks" or something like that. I'm pointing out the current state of affairs with some ZDK schools/gyms, and how various aspects of training contribute to the suckiness, or lack thereof. Some suck, some do not; that much should be obvious for any "style".

That's weird. This thread is about Zen Do Kai. You're a practitioner of said art. You made two separate statements that seem to contradict each other when discussing Zen Do Kai. When I ask you to elaborate, you try to change the subject.

Why is that?

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:44pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another disturbing trend I note is the rapid progression of knife culture from the city to the country. It's sad to think that you can't walk down the main street of a country town after dark without risking getting stabbed.
    Who would've guessed that the streets of Yarrawonga were so unsafe.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, they aren't incorrect assumptions, it is your poor writing.

I fail to see your point. This thread is about "your martial art sucks" or something like that.
    No, that is the forum title not the thread title.

I'm pointing out the current state of affairs with some ZDK schools/gyms, and how various aspects of training contribute to the suckiness, or lack thereof. Some suck, some do not; that much should be obvious for any "style".
    Yes, in a forum titled YOUR MARTIAL ART SUCKS. We have determined your typing sucks, so we are in the correct area. Oh and you dodged a couple of questions.

Sure ,when someone posts with something relevant to discuss. I am still waiting for that to happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:46pm

Style: MMA - Zen Do Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have made no contradictory statements. I merely point out that "young guys get into fights" is not the same as "everyone I train with is a young, drunken douche who starts fights on a Saturday night, and brags about it on Monday" as has been suggested.

Neither am I suggesting that police and security cannot be young men that start fights. They just don't tell me about it.

jnp, as you location is showing as Austin, TX, I assume you are not familiar with ZDK, but correct me if I'm wrong. FYI, it's based on Okinawan Goju, with Muay Thai, BJJ and AEK added in later on.

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:56pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have made no contradictory statements. I merely point out that "young guys get into fights" is not the same as "everyone I train with is a young, drunken douche who starts fights on a Saturday night, and brags about it on Monday" as has been suggested.
    It was implied. Maybe unintentionally, but it WAS implied. Read what you wrote, then look up the definition of implied.

Neither am I suggesting that police and security cannot be young men that start fights. They just don't tell me about it.
    Strawman. Nobody said anything about this.

jnp, as you location is showing as Austin, TX, I assume you are not familiar with ZDK, but correct me if I'm wrong. FYI, it's based on Okinawan Goju, with Muay Thai, BJJ and AEK added in later on.
    Well, if it includes all those it MUST be good.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:59pm

Style: Judo,JKD,Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is where it all goes wrong for ZDK

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically we started off fairly decently in this thread with a nice discussion and now we have the tough guy hyperbolized bullshit.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast