Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 4:05pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    I think my favorite part of this clip, is when the one guy in a wife beater is making an absolute clusterfuck of an attempt at a RNC, and somebody in the background is yelling out "Nice!...Nice!...Choke that #^&%@ out!" I'll give him credit for getting it to the ground, but uh....yeah...about your grappling skills...they don't exist despite what some bystanders might try and tell you. Also love how Mao (or whatever his name is) then blamed his performance on conditioning. The fight went like 20 seconds and you didn't do anything, so how is it that you gassed out? Just terrible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 8:34am

Style: 52 blocks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    roflmao....

Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    As IIF notes, circle walking isn't fight stuff, it's solo training stuff:

At the risk of being way too fair, it could be a stand-in comment for "Move, don't stand in front of him." Indeed, it was good advice too. Maoshan should have moved. Out of the ring, onto the subway, and then off to his house where he could dream of gongfu glory another day.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 8:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I think my favorite part of this clip, is when the one guy in a wife beater is making an absolute clusterfuck of an attempt at a RNC, and somebody in the background is yelling out "Nice!...Nice!...Choke that #^&%@ out!" I'll give him credit for getting it to the ground, but uh....yeah...about your grappling skills...they don't exist despite what some bystanders might try and tell you. Also love how Mao (or whatever his name is) then blamed his performance on conditioning. The fight went like 20 seconds and you didn't do anything, so how is it that you gassed out? Just terrible.
    Okay let's be fair you wrestled and do BJJ. That's typical **** for people who don't. The best way to put it is when I have someone tell me they can swim then I see this:

Yeah, in the loosest terms it is swimming. It makes me cringe but, I understand that is what people do.

Dude is a striker who tried to crapple. No harm no foul.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 11:22am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Okay let's be fair you wrestled and do BJJ. That's typical **** for people who don't. The best way to put it is when I have someone tell me they can swim then I see this:

Yeah, in the loosest terms it is swimming. It makes me cringe but, I understand that is what people do.

Dude is a striker who tried to crapple. No harm no foul.
    Yeah that's true, and I give him credit for recognizing that he was in good spot for a throw/takedown. He isn't a grappler and I'm sure doesn't pretend to be, I just found the audio commentary hilarious. But yes I've certainly seen worse out of people who claimed actually skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 12:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now BT's stepping up to show Nakmeezy what Bagua's all about...

YouTube- Black Taoist Bagua vs Nakmeezy Muay Thai

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 12:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black Toaist? Really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 12:59pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't BT have an another challenge match to prepare for?

After 2 months and 20+ hours of training videos someone pulls the fire alarm on the fight day, everyone runs and claims the other guy ducked the figght

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 3:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just noticed something. Past is prologue. At 4:45 BT (guy in blue) challenges Burly, saying he'll show what Bagua is really about. This after Mao is "out of breath" and can't continue.

YouTube- mvl

And again BT challenges someone who beat Mao, saying he'll show what Bagua is really about, while espousing the need for sparring with non-compliant training partners.

BT may get takedown(s) but I still doubt his sub training is sharp enough to let him nail a sub in the 10 second ground time limit. Until then, it's leg kicks and knees.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 3:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a careful look at Black Toaist and do some seacrhes. Then ask yourself about the "real Bagua" he is going to claim if he wins.

I put it up there with DTT claiming his EBMAS ground defense works when, you find out he has been to BJJ seminars, trained with wrestlers, and did a few coaching sessions right before he won.

Not taking anything away from the win but, you get what I'm saying about the claims.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/15/2010 4:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't these idiots just get an amateur fight? It really isn't that hard.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast