223962 Bullies, 4175 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 191
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. lionknight is online now
    lionknight's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 10:06am


     Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    strange... some of them still wont play the couple that due only give me sound. And yes I can play other avi's no problem... I guess I will need to run some more tests, thanks for the direct links though.
  2. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 10:09am


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    strange... some of them still wont play the couple that due only give me sound. And yes I can play other avi's no problem... I guess I will need to run some more tests, thanks for the direct links though.
    You can always right click and save as, then you can try them in different players, it sounds like a codec issue.
  3. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,591

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 10:24am

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Starjumps, welcome to the site.

    Are you a student or an instructor at BMS?

    What is your MA history, what other arts, for how long and under whom did you study?

    ______________

    Say, folks, doesn't this rare-fu master use a font we're used to here?


    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  4. Lindz is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,004

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 10:37am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With vlc I got video no sound on all except the teeth one. That was sound and vid.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 11:43am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that sucks for all of you because, my computer played every video fine.

    You aren't really missing much but anti-grapple present in many systems.

    Pretty much everything I've seen in multiple styles of _ing _un school videos.
  6. starjumps is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    29

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 3:56pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote:
    Hi welcome to Bullshido. So your instructor renamed Wing Chun BMS Wusu and convinced you it is different?
    No, it is not.

    Firstly, hi to all who read and responded
    I started martial arts with Wing Chun and I did it for many years, i think i can tell the difference. Wing Chun is static (linear in direction) with poor footwork BMS is fluid with constantly changing footwork. BMS disagrees with the Wing Chun Principle of rapid punches to defeat an opponent. (This punching exercise is only for training purposes not to be confused with fighting an opponent) Look at any art ie boxing, mma etc once the first punch has landed the opponent is no longer there to receive the second punch. So you must also change. (I know there are exceptions and you can probable land two but unrealistic to think that you can land half a dozen and the opponent allows you to do so)

    Quote:
    How can an art come from the same foundations but be so different?
    Go look at Brazilian Jiujitsu vs. Judo vs. Japanese Jujutsu.

    I doubt very strongly, this is the case with BMS Wushu.
    Please be prepared for the onslaught that will eventually ensue. I hope you have a thick skin.

    With respect to come to a judgement without knowing anything about a system or style is a bit naive. Itís like me coming up with a conclusion about you without ever meeting you or talking to you.
    And yes I have a very thick skin

    Quote:
    I have come to the conclusion its all about the teaching.
    This is true about many things in life. If you have a poor teacher, you are a inevitably a poor student. You should seek out the best instructors whatever your endeavor.

    I am not talking about individual teachers but more about the styles etc. Because the teacher not only influences his students he also affects generation that follow him. How are we to know what we are taught now have not been affected by poor teaching somewhere along the line.




    Quote:
    I mean real martial arts is difficult to teach and difficult to learn,
    I disagree. The road to becoming proficient or having complete Mastery is difficult. The learning process should not be difficult nor should the teaching.


    Sorry my fault i meant becoming proficient, itís easy to become proficient in an art where there is minimum movement ie standing still and blocking on coming punch but when you have to block and move and counter and you have never done martial arts before its a bit more difficult.


    Quote:

    Please do but, an old art renamed is not new nor is it rare.


    An old art renamed is not new or rare but an art that has completely reinvented itself is.

    Someone once told me that when you first share a new idea or concept with people they generally laugh and ridicule you because of their ignorance; once they get to understand the idea or concept they soon become to accept your way of thinking.

    This art was very well known in the UK around the late 80s and early 90s unfortunately, Master Derek Jones who created this system died on 28th November 1991 and the art was nearly lost with him.

    I am not trying to convince anyone about anything but merely informing people that this art exists. It up to you to make up your own mind.
  7. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 4:07pm


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any people up in Birmingham doing this art? I was at SENI a few years ago and saw a few guys doing _ing __un, but in a much more aggressive way. Just curious if it's the same stuff.
  8. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,591

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 4:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to see you reply to some of the questions, Starjumps. (Wow, I just realised your join date says 2007 - and these are your first 2 posts?!?)

    Now how about answering mine as well? ;-)

    (that is the ones posted above:

    whether you're a student or an instructor +
    what is your MA history) and these too, please:


    It's nice that you're enthusiastic about your chosen MA. Do you train for fun or to learn how to fight?

    Did you use BMS in sparring or a fight against an opponent not from your school, who seriously wanted to win in the match against you?

    How often and in what manner do you spar at the BMS trainings?

    Do you see or not that in the video on the BMS site the instructor meets no resistance or movement from the persons who "attack" him?

    Thanks for the answers.

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    7/16/2009 4:19pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by starjumps View Post
    Quote:

    Firstly, hi to all who read and responded
    I started martial arts with Wing Chun and I did it for many years, i think i can tell the difference. Wing Chun is static (linear in direction) with poor footwork BMS is fluid with constantly changing footwork. BMS disagrees with the Wing Chun Principle of rapid punches to defeat an opponent. (This punching exercise is only for training purposes not to be confused with fighting an opponent) Look at any art ie boxing, mma etc once the first punch has landed the opponent is no longer there to receive the second punch. So you must also change. (I know there are exceptions and you can probable land two but unrealistic to think that you can land half a dozen and the opponent allows you to do so)
    Uhmm no that is not entirely true. I do agree that a fight is not static. Then again I have watched 1,2,3,4 and an occasional 5 punch or more combination. So no, people don't always move with that first punch.

    yes, you do have to change and have better footwork.





    Quote Originally Posted by starjumps
    With respect to come to a judgment without knowing anything about a system or style is a bit naive. Itís like me coming up with a conclusion about you without ever meeting you or talking to you.
    And yes I have a very thick skin
    I have not judged your art remember you asked a question and I answered my misgivings.

    Quote Originally Posted by starjumps
    How can an art come from the same foundations but be so different?

    I said I doubt
    that your art is that different because of this post:
    Originally Posted by starjumps View Post
    I am new to Bullshido and this is my first post.
    I have looked around and not found anything recently devoted to BMS WuShu .
    The art originates from Wing Chun but has little resemblance to the original art. Anyone doing Wing Chun will not try this art even though a number of times people from Wing Chun have stumbled across this style we have had no takers yet we have similar forms ie
    Sil Lim Tao
    Sil Lim Tao Advance
    Chum Kil
    Bil Jee
    Wooden Dummy techniques
    Etc
    Now, you brought it up so, it is your job to convince me I'm wrong in my assumption. Now, I have also studied the chun and with very small exceptions, every single chun exponent that claims to be different, isn't. Actually, I take that back I have yet to see a single chun person look completely different with out taking from other styles.

    I am not saying this is wrong but, when you claim to be like _ing _un but different yet, I see boxing, well long story short, it basically led to my 18,000+ posts.


    I am not talking about individual teachers but more about the styles etc. Because the teacher not only influences his students he also affects generation that follow him. How are we to know what we are taught now have not been affected by poor teaching somewhere along the line.
    Yes, that is what I just said in my example of all kung fu.



    Someone once told me that when you first share a new idea or concept with people they generally laugh and ridicule you because of their ignorance; once they get to understand the idea or concept they soon become to accept your way of thinking.
    The idea is not new, nor is it rare, nor is it being ridiculed.


    This art was very well known in the UK around the late 80s and early 90s unfortunately, Master Derek Jones who created this system died on 28th November 1991 and the art was nearly lost with him.
    So basically, after 18 years, your style is subdued to the point of non-existence?

    So, I guess that points the ignorance right back at your art? It also contradicts your previous ignorance and acceptance argument if, the art was almost lost..

    Yes, we know. We have a thread on him and he seemed to be one of the better chunners in the vein of an Alan Orr. Doesn't mean his chun is new, reinvented, or better.


    I am not trying to convince anyone about anything but merely informing people that this art exists. It up to you to make up your own mind.
    I beg to differ. You have accused me of judging which I didn't. You have implied ignorance even if it was a subtle dig. Also, you have basically addressed me point by point, you are trying to convince us of something and that is okay.

    This website was designed to challenge your ideas.

    That is what is hapeening right now.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.