Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 11:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Trapezius shortening

I'm on the old side of 25 and I feel like I'm starting to lose flexibility. The one place I really notice it is my traps seem to be shortening. So instead of my collar bones sitting horizontally they're at a bit of an angle with the shoulder joint higher than the other end.

This is the only example I could find of what I mean. (Not really nsfw but not totally safe either)
    Spoiler:

Once you tear your eyes away from the silicone see how her collar bones aren't flat? Are there any specific stretches to address this? I can't remember any that work in that specific angle.

I've tried doing oni kudaki (standing keylock) on myself but it feels more like it's stretching the rear delt than the trap
    Last edited by Lindz; 7/14/2009 11:57pm at .

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 8:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could draw a diagram if that helps. But it would require *shudder* triangles. And no one wants the troll that would summon

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 11:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JJJ,kickboxing,grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do you lift weights? if so what upper body exercises? because sometimes the antagonist/protagonist can be effected by training that muscle and not the other. what exercise and training do you do?

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 12:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been doing stronglifts 5x5 For nearly 2 months, substituted bent over rows for inverse rows. But I started noticing this when I wasn't doing any regular exercise.