Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 5:57am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What was your favorite UFC?

Searched for this, no results.

So which UFC did you like the best? Was it the first few, where no-one cross-trained, and it was a genuine contest of MA vs MA?

Was it a UFC with a massive showdown, or surprise win?

Or the modern UFCs where MMA is now a legitimate MA, rather than the name of a sport where karateka can fight boxers, and is possibly the most rounded, and alive combat sport in the world.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 7:19am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the early days: UFC 2. Three savage KO's and the mythical status of Royce was maintained.

Modern: 76. All five main card fights were absolutely fantastic, and nearly every single fighter who was on that card was relevant at the time, and most are still pretty relevant (sadly at the time I thought Tavares was top 10 and had eked out Griffin... but now neither are top 10)

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a certain affinity for the first one I ever saw, which was UFC 3, and it opened up with Keith Hackney fighting the 600lb Emmanuel Yarborough.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any of the UFC's that had Genki Sudo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 12:08pm

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC 6 for the fact that it was held in my town.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 3:34pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked UFC 76: Knockout if only for the fact that there were zero knockouts on the card.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 4:39pm

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aha my plan is working. I will get these UFCs and watch them on a weekend fwaha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 6:04pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I loved the early UFCs. The main reason is that they are what opened my eyes to what real fighting is all about and eventually led me to training in BJJ and MMA and finding Bullshido.

Before that I still believed kung fu guys were good fighters and that my kenpo background made me well rounded because, as I was told, it utilized both linear (Japanese) and circular (Chinese) movements and strikes :bssign:.

I also always wanted to see a real life style vs. style tournament like Bloodsport, which is exactly what UFC was early on. If I had to pick just one, it'd have to be UFC 3. Loved Harold Howards KO of Roland Payne. Still one of my all time favorite fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC 6 just for the intro of "Tank" Abbott. The UFC's only out and out villain. Striking and KTFO's were back in style and the post fight interview consisted of mainly calling the defeated (and still quivering) opponent "a big *****".

Don't get me wrong, Tank was no role model he was a horrible human being as well a poor athlete but that's the point. Tank seemed straight out of Hollywood central casting : shaved head, full beard, front teeth MIA and pushing 300 lbs most of his early career. THIS was THE GUY that most McDojo's were supposed to be training you to fight in a bar or parking lot.

For the historians : This was the UFC where Jim Brown openly accused a fighter (Dave Bennato IIRC) of walking into a guillotine choke on purpose to help his coach/opponent Oleg Taktarov

Some of the other old timey UFC's had great fights but 6 is my overall fave. It is a shame that we will probably never see such savage pwnage like Pat Smith vs Scott Morris again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2010 10:18pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC 2. I just remember the excitement that preceded the event in the media weeks/days before the show. The commercials were hyping the pay-per-view. And then when the event aired it was so cool to see so many styles fighting each other and there were some brutal knockouts. It was a magical night....nothing's ever been quite the same since.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast