Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, all in all I think the whole incident could have had better outcomes. I really think it should be investigated, and for the sake of the department, not televised. If not for punitive purposes, but the sake of better training and procedures.

Didn't someone post on Bullshido on how most cops lack gunfighting experience and things like this are prone to happen? Was that you GS? AF51? I can't remember.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actual "bullets flying" confrontations are very rare. It is very hard to replicate the kind of stress you experience. Not sure about the US, but in Canada, police training is surprisingly short, and very little of it is dedicated to use of force.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    if we didn't try to regulate what chemicals adults put in their own bodies
    you already tried that.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the cops never fired on a getaway vehicle in training. Perhaps what could have lead to different actions would be elaborate simunition training scenarios with people driving cars around. Maybe some people in the simunitions training get to drive around while firing on the trainees.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the officers in the line of fire should have gotten out of the way in advance. **** happens I guess. I don't think people were expecting any of this.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just the whole dozens of individuals with machineguns running around the 'burbs that would make me expect them to have the slightest clue what they're doing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, if some police department wanted to have an officer drive erratically during simunitions training, being the guy who hangs out the window and opens fire on the trainees would be the best job evar.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap, I'm afraid to go back to work tomorrow.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.
    I posted this just because every time I've had firearms training with real guns or fake ones, whenever firendlies are in my field of fire I was to take my finger out off the trigger guard.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to make a point of showing this around at work and may even forward it to our firearms unit for dissemination. Many thanks to the OP.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last