Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rhadi Ferguson

Accomplishments aside (4x US Champion, 2004 Olympian, ect…) does anyone know what is Rhadi’s current Judo rank, who promoted him, and which Judo organization he holds that rank with? In an interview at Grapplearts.com Rhadi mentions that he first started Judo with Jack Williams in Miami and trained under him from 7 - 12. After that, he started Judo again after finishing college around 1997. However, there is no mention as to who his sensei was or when he earned his shodan rank in Judo.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockpyle View Post
    Accomplishments aside (4x US Champion, 2004 Olympian, ect…) does anyone know what is Rhadi’s current Judo rank, who promoted him, and which Judo organization he holds that rank with? In an interview at Grapplearts.com Rhadi mentions that he first started Judo with Jack Williams in Miami and trained under him from 7 - 12. After that, he started Judo again after finishing college around 1997. However, there is no mention as to who his sensei was or when he earned his shodan rank in Judo.
    What exactly are you suggesting here? That Rhadi made it onto the US Olympic team without a legit Shodan?

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockpyle View Post
    You can go here and ask:

http://www.rhadi.com/contact_us.php

Also, since he was an Olympian, I'm sure the governing body for Olympic Judo has information on that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The official forum for Bullshido. SERIOUS discussion on McDojos, questionable Martial Artists, and Martial Arts History only. Help us fight fraud in the Martial Arts by contributing well-thought-out threads and ideas on the subject.
    Make sure you understand where you are posting.

What are you trying to say?

He has a website, why not email the guy? I hope you have some good resources.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't he medal? Also, isn't he now the coach of the US Olympic team?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:40pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:44pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't find the information in plain english, but Rhadi's resume suggests he was a live-in student at the OTC shortly after he graduated college.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:47pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    I couldn't find the information in plain english, but Rhadi's resume suggests he was a live-in student at the OTC shortly after he graduated college.
    Lucky bastard....
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:59pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With those accomplishments, and seeing how he has beat other highly ranked Judo players, why in the hell are you worrying what his rank is? I'd guess it would be legit. If not, he should be awarded that rank via competition/challenge grading.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 1:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologize for the way my question obviously came off. I’m not saying or suggesting anything along the lines of “Rhadi is a fraud!” I just don’t understand why it is I can easily find out who promoted him to black belt in BJJ (Ricardo Liborio) but such information is more difficult to find out regarding his Judo history. I can find out where he graduated college, what degree, when he earned his PhD and from where, ect….Perhaps it is because such history is much more recent whereas the Judo information is much older and (for lack of a better word) settled.

Considering Bullshido.com brings so many people together around the United States and around the world I posed my question in this manner in the hopes that perhaps someone could in a sense, fill in the blanks. Several years ago I sent Rhadi a question asking specific details of his products he was selling and his reply was as follows:

http://www.rhadi.com

That was it. I think it would be fruitless to send him an e-mail questioning his Judo history just so that he can reply with:

http://www.rhadi.com/bio.htm (or something like that)

Clearly, he has much more important things to do than answer rank questions from some random guy on the internet.

Mods, if you feel this question is in poor taste then by all means feel free to delete it. However, I want to make it clear that this was a serious inquiry.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast