Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find..thanks Eddie.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 4:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Article in the Globe And Mail today reported that Gatti's widow acted like an idiot in the courtroom , even when her lawyer advised her to be quiet.
    She also contradicted herself more than once and said she will not settle for any amount with the Gatti family.
    The fortune, originally estimated at $6 million has apparently shrunk to less than $4 - and continues to dwindle in the face of pending legal suits and investment difficulties.
    When lawyers sense blood in the water - as they surely do in the matter of this estate- they don't waste time trying to take a bite.
    Terrible, just terrible..
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2166473/
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 4:36pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My disgust and contempt for this murderer grows apace. Thank you and curse you at the same time for posting this
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 1:20pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think she is lying through her teeth.

Quietly engaged? Married (in the US) because of Visa problems? Uh-Oh. Didn't know her husband was a famous fighter. And Rich? And won't share the fortune he earned BEFORE he met her with his Blood Family?? It seems so clear now...

Still, American courts decisions often amaze us foreigners. Will they do the right thing and **** her off out of it?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 3:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am being persistent in my follow-up because Arturo Gatti was one of my favorite fighters of the last 20 years and I know that he was murdered.
    The key here is getting the case re opened in Brazil with a fresh set of investigators and perhaps even a foreign official to observe/ assist, preferably a Canadian RCMP officer.
    My hunch is that the officers involved in the initial investigation , and probably many other people as well, were paid off by Rodrigues and whoever else was involved.
    Things just do not add up. In addition to the fact that she threatened him on more than one occasion ' If she ever got him to Brazil ' ( probably because she has scumbag relatives there who would kill someone for money). There's these factors to consider:
    - a wound on the back of his head that the coroner's report initially said was caused by his fall after he hung himself. Its clearly evident now that the wound was received prior to his death and is much more severe than it would have been from a mere 2-3 ft fall. Ergo - he was bashed in the head from behind, and perhaps knocked unconscious.
    - the purse strap that he supposedly hung himself from - it is very unlikely, almost impossible, actually, that a thin leather purse strap would have been able to support his weight. More likely that he was strangled and did not hang from the neck until dead.

The scenario I envision is this : Gatti and his wife go out on the town , she tries to get him to consume as much alcohol as possible so he will be easier prey, they return home where two or possibly three men lie in wait.
    He is struck from behind with a blunt object, he goes down, probably still conscious, and the guys set upon him - one holds his arms, while another wraps the purse strap around his neck and strangles him as his bitch of a wife stands in front of him yelling at him while his eyes are bulging , telling him what an SOB he is and how she ' got him ' in the end.
    Sorry for the gross description. But I'm really quite angry about this because I know this woman is a lying, heartless bitch and she is within a hair's breadth of getting away with this ****.
    I don't think she did it personally, she is not strong enough. Unless, he was being held down by a big, powerful man who kept him immobilized so she could perform the strangulation.
    She may just be sick enough that that is the case..who knows.
    But I tend to lean towards the first scenario I described.
    In any event, I don't think she acted alone.
    Brazilian authorities, including the coroner, were paid off and Arturo Gatti was murdered.
    I want to see justice done here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 3:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    I think she is lying through her teeth.

Quietly engaged? Married (in the US) because of Visa problems? Uh-Oh. Didn't know her husband was a famous fighter. And Rich? And won't share the fortune he earned BEFORE he met her with his Blood Family?? It seems so clear now...

Still, American courts decisions often amaze us foreigners. Will they do the right thing and **** her off out of it?
    This civil trial is taking place in Montreal, Eddie.
    In fact, I was thinking about driving there to watch - but I don't know if they are allowing the public in the court room.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2011 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2011 3:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its looking like the two sides ( Gatti's Family VS. his Wife) are going to come to an agreement on the estate after all..
    http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=376253

I am more interested in a new investigation being opened into the case of his 'suicide' down in Brazil and will keep following things.

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 1:47pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This "48 Hours Mystery" popped up on Facebook. It's about 42 mins.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...tag%3Dfacebook

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2011 7:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Eddie..
    Here's some more from TSN Sports:
    http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=37651
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast