Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 7:29am

Style: Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tito Ortez and Ken Shamrock

I can remember Ken and Tito, I am pretty sure it was Tito, talking **** on each other on fox sports or something. It was a while ago. They were set to match each other. Does anyone know who won that fight? How long did it last? Was it close?

Ken seems to me like a good guy and good sportsman. He does get pretty pissed at people when they mess with him though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 8:31am

Style: panatukan, bjj newb.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tito laid the smack down... Majority of the match, Tito was in Shamrocks guard trying to G n' P him to hell.

If you have Kazaa, you can find the fight online. It was a boring match if you ask me, Ken seemed to lack abilities on his back thus resulting in his attempt to neutralize as oppose to gain leverage over his opponent.

And yes, Tito talks smack, and to me... Is damn annoying and definately not healthy for the sport... But than again, he does put many in the seats.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 9:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tito turned Ken's face into an oversized grapefruit. Ken took such a beating they had to stop the fight after the 3rd round. As for talking smack. I think Ken did more trash talk than Tito for that match. Ken used to be a pretty good guy until he went into pro wrestling, and got all roided up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 10:22am

Style: Okanawan Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man i wounder if frank Shamrock could beat titos ass. i wold love to see that match.

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by B man
    man i wounder if frank Shamrock could beat titos ass. i wold love to see that match.
    He dismantled Tito. If he hadn't had a strength advantage Frank would have KO'd him in round 1.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank wouldn't beat Tito now.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 7:31pm

Style: Okanawan Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Shumagorath
    He dismantled Tito. If he hadn't had a strength advantage Frank would have KO'd him in round 1.

lol good job frank

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken now says he trained for the fight wrong and wants a rematch with Tito. I think a rematch would be closer, but I still don't think Shamrock would win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2004 10:43pm

Style: jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    frank didnt exactly dismantle tito it was a close match tito started to gas a little and got caught in a guillatine choke. i think i spelled guilatine wrong?

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    1/27/2004 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are thinking of the wrong fight. You must be thinking of Ortiz vs Mezger I. That fight ended in a guillotine.

Ortiz vs. Frank Shamrock ended with Tito curled up defenseless in the turtle posistion and Shamrock raining blow after blow onto Tito's head.

From www.ufc.tv

At UFC 13
    Tito was an alternate in the under 200 pound tournament. He quickly destroyed Wes Albritton with strikes on the ground and got into the main draw when Enson Inoue won his fight but could not continue on in the tournament due to an injury. In the finals Tito faced Lionís Den fighter, Guy Mezger. Within the first minute of the match, Ortiz trapped Mezger in an inside cradle and began delivering knees to his head. John McCarthy ordered the fighters to separate and Tito thought that he had won. Many people including commentator Bruce Beck thought that Mezger tapped out. McCarthy ruled that Mezger had not tapped out and that he ordered the stand up to check cuts on Mezgerís head. The fight resumed and after a few blows, Tito shot in for a takedown and got caught in a guillotine choke by Mezger that ended the bout.

UFC 22
    Frank Shamrock defeated Tito Ortiz to retain his title in one of the best UFC matches ever. After three rounds Tito was ahead on all three judges score cards due to his wrestling skills and ground and pound tactics. Frank suffered a deep cut but made Tito work hard the entire fight. In the fourth round it was obvious that Frank was the fresher of the two and he began to land more strikes, especially leg kicks. Ortiz finally got a takedown. Frank was busy from his guard and ended reversing Tito and then made it to his feet. Both men went toe to toe with Shamrock getting the better of it. Tito shot in for another takedown but was caught in a partial guillotine choke by Frank. Frank turned Tito over and stood up. Tito held on to Frank's leg but Frank delivered a powerful elbow strike to the side of Tito's head, followed up by three hammerfists that made Tito tap out with 11 seconds left in the fourth round. Frank showed that he is pound for pound the best around and Tito proved he was a worthy challenger. Tito also showed a lot of class after the match donning a Frank Shamrock T-shirt. It truly was one of the best UFC fights ever.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast