--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything old is new again.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:52pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Brock Lesnar Apologizes During Press Conference

Chesty is looking a little better now that the event is over. It seems that even he realizes that he's a douche sometimes. Then again, most people who watched the fight won't see the follow up appologies and explanations. But, he may be able to do his mae culpa with fight fans and gain a little respect back.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I saw, Brock was fighting with a lot of emotion and it overwhelmed him to the point where he allowed the crowd and Mir's pre-fight antics to dictate his actions. Apparently Brock's greatest foe is himself. I'm sure there were several other factors that contributed to his behavior that we will never know.

Should Brock have flipped off the crowd just because they were booing him? No. That is where he "bit the hand that feeds him".

Should Mir have allowed one of his trainers to be filmed mocking Lesnar and purposely ? No. That is where he "poked the bear."

Will I continue to be a Lesnar fan? Yes. I respect someone who answered Dana White's challenge of a professional wrestler would never make it in the UFC. And, for the same reasons why I like coming to this forum. I like people who speak their mind and aren't afraid of the consequences.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:25pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little humble pie is good for Brock.

Having said that, even without the appology, I would not boycott UFC with Brock on the card. Sure he acted like a dick. But there have been plenty of fighters I have not liked.

In the end, I always base my decision to buy on the entire card. I would not boycott a card just because Brock is on it. That would also hurt many other fighters I do like to watch.

Brock won the fight...for better or for worse. Take it as it is. Someone will come along and beat him...they always do. I will root for everyone he fights in the future though :)

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like that there's a Bud Light sitting on the desk. Also, even though it's the uneducated douchebag thing to think, I want to see him fight Kimbo Slice.
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m View Post
    I personally think it's stupid how *everyone* has to hug after an MMA match. Making it practically mandatory took away all the meaning it had when it was spontaneous. Just another bullshit workplace superficiality.

Same thing with squashing beef after a fight. **** that, sometimes you still hate the guy (Marcus Davis anyone?). Brock might've taken it a bit too far. And I hated seeing Mir lose too. But that's still way better than the artificial gestures of feigned 'respect', 'friendship' or 'compassion too many other douchebags do.

So yeah Brock, you kept it a little too real. But damn! Are we gonna be that community of pussies that writes people up and boycotts them for keeping it too real? Nah, I'm gonna laugh and say '**** you too Brock', but on the low I do kinda appreciate your honesty.
    Sometimes in fight sports, you just have to suck it up and show respect even when you don't want to, and I think this is a good thing. Yesterday, I was competing in a moving step push hands tournament (basically you throw the guy or shove him out of the ring, with a point system favoring throws and a bunch of restrictions on the types you can do). At one point, I underhooked an arm and grabbed my hand with my other hand to lever him down- this is a tactic that I use all the time in training. One of the judges got in my face about how I can't use joint locks. I started to tell him that I've never heard that was illegal and the way I do it isn't a lock. He wasn't having it. I wanted to argue, but I sucked it up and said okay, I won't do it again, because I really don't want to be a dick in a combat sport.

Genius

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He shouldn't have apologized and then come out in costume next fight. The UFC needs a clown!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 4:15pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin View Post
    YouTube - Brock Lesnar Apologizes During Press Conference

Chesty is looking a little better now that the event is over. It seems that even he realizes that he's a douche sometimes. Then again, most people who watched the fight won't see the follow up appologies and explanations. But, he may be able to do his mae culpa with fight fans and gain a little respect back.
    I think it was pretty cool of the guy to come out and apologize like that. Both he and Frank did talk a bunch of ****, only one of them backed it up at all. Wonder if Frank's ready to come out and admit he wasn't even in Brock's league.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 4:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say let the invisible hand guide it, as long as it isn't so bad that the sport will change completely or get banned. Let the fans handle it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 4:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo,TKD for funzies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
    Wonder if Frank's ready to come out and admit he wasn't even in Brock's league.
    Is anyone?

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 4:41pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMuayThaiMan View Post
    No. It proves a VERY VERY big arsehole can lay on you and hit you hard enough to hurt you.

That has little to do with being a great martial artist.

Bullshit. He was laying on one of the best submission guys and beating the **** out of him. You say that as if that takes no skill.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast