Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:10am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    When you say technical skill are you referring to the rape choke or his impressive use of the wrist grab?
    No. I would be referring to his smothering Mir while he was in Mir's guard to the extent that he neutralized the person who has the most submission victories of any fighter in the UFC's super heavyweight division.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus
    Look, Mir talked a shitload of trash for a dude who didn't deserve to even be in the same ring as Lesnar.
    So a former UFC champion doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as Lesnar? Methinks thou doth nutride too much.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:15am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think anyone has a problem with Lesnar's victory. I never even felt there was a point in the fight where the ref should have stood them back up, despite the crowd.

It's Lesnar's antics that earned him this, not his victory over Mir. He's to be congratulated for the later. For the former, he should be jeered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:22am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't agree more, Lesnar is an embarrassment and definitely deserves douche bag of the month. What I don't understand is why not long ago Dana White was hailed as Bad Ass of the month for the same dipshit no-class behavior. This is exactly what we can expect considering the example White has set.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tossing around a few "F" words to set things right when someone is doing disastrously inaccurate reporting of your organization is vastly different than shitting all over the sport on a night which was specifically focused on celebrating how far that sport has come.

Or rather, how far it had come, only to take several steps backward.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:26am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fine, but where's the condemnation for Mir. Former champ or not, he talked a bunch of trash for a dude who laid down for 99% of the fight and got beaten like a crippled infant.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His condemnation was written all over his face at the end of the fight.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:35am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock's stifling of a man's guard who's 40lbs less than him and less athletic is not impressive. This only solidifies in my mind that they should create a weight class in between light heavy and heavy weight.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:44am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^^^Let's not forget that Mir gave a very positive interview at the end, congratulating Lesnar and everything. And that was after Brock was up in his face after the fight, and after Lesnar's bitchiness in the ring.

Trash talk before a fight is one thing. Most people leave things squarely in the cage though. There is a point to build up a fight, and a point to show respect to the other athletes. Remember Tito vs Shamrock? Tito won and was still saying "This man is one of my heroes." Ass-bagging after a fight is 100% different than douche-gargling before a match.

I even honestly think that Henderson may have gone a little too far, despite the fact that Bisping is barely a C level fighter and actually did have zero reason to be in the same ring as Hendo. But Mir is a former champ, and still a top fighter in the heavyweights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 2:50am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Tossing around a few "F" words to set things right when someone is doing disastrously inaccurate reporting of your organization is vastly different than shitting all over the sport on a night which was specifically focused on celebrating how far that sport has come.

Or rather, how far it had come, only to take several steps backward.
    I'll grant you that Lesnar's lack of sportsmanship in the octagon is more offensive to me than White's temper tantrum but IMHO is no less unprofessional. They both just make MMA as a whole look bad and encourage people to see the UFC as a spectacle (like professional wrestling) instead of as the legitimate sport that it is.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd hate to hijack the thread, by all means continue bashing Lesnar. **** that guy:thefinger

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 3:39am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    eh, Brock's kinda a douche, and even before the fight you could make the argument.

But there was definitely no need for Phrost to do a write-up dripping with the emotion of a junior high break up letter. I mean, if you wanna clown the guy's douchery in a funny way, fine. But, despite your careful efforts to give him credit for winning fairly, the whole write up comes out sounding like the tearfull rants of a Mir fan who didn't get over the loss before he started typing.

I personally think it's stupid how *everyone* has to hug after an MMA match. Making it practically mandatory took away all the meaning it had when it was spontaneous. Just another bullshit workplace superficiality.

Same thing with squashing beef after a fight. **** that, sometimes you still hate the guy (Marcus Davis anyone?). Brock might've taken it a bit too far. And I hated seeing Mir lose too. But that's still way better than the artificial gestures of feigned 'respect', 'friendship' or 'compassion too many other douchebags do.

So yeah Brock, you kept it a little too real. But damn! Are we gonna be that community of pussies that writes people up and boycotts them for keeping it too real? Nah, I'm gonna laugh and say '**** you too Brock', but on the low I do kinda appreciate your honesty.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast