Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 282930 LastLast

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your Zen-like stoicism and pure appreciation for the sport is admirable.
    lol Hey, feel free to flip me all the **** you want. But my favorite fighters to watch (Aoki, GSP, Forrest, Swick) are remarkable by the almost entire absence of man-drama surrounding their fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 12:05am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    lol Hey, feel free to flip me all the **** you want. But my favorite fighters to watch (Aoki, GSP, Forrest, Swick) are remarkable by the almost entire absence of man-drama surrounding their fights.
    Nah, I wasn't flipping you any ****. Just making use of a little hyperbole! ;)

I agree with you on those fighters, though. They make for entertaining fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surely it is not an all or nothing proposition? Clearly the hyping of fights increases viewership. And, of course, I enjoy fights more when I know a little bit about the fighters. But, imo, BLABM went way over the top. Frankly, as someone who always tries to spread the word about the legitimacy of MMA as a sport, I found his behavior embarassing.
    Yeah, but I think in the end the sport will survive, and Brock will fall eventually. Probably in a spectacularly satisfying way, and hopefully by someone with more class than he has yet shown. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending any of this. I am just being realistic about it (and enjoying the comedy a little along the way).

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... Frankly, as someone who always tries to spread the word about the legitimacy of MMA as a sport, I found his behavior embarassing.
    Quoted for truth.

Making it harder to convince people it's not an over blown hard man contest.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 2:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481 View Post
    Making it harder to convince people it's not an over blown hard man contest.
    I guess that's the difference. I don't bother trying to convince anyone of the legitimacy of MMA as a sport. I figure people either like to watch fighting, or they don't. Those who do will overlook a lot of trash talking in the interest of getting to see good fights. Those who don't, aren't going to be convinced by me anyway.

Most of the people I know who dislike MMA don't dislike it because they object to the theatrics; they just don't like to watch fighting, for aesthetic reasons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 11:19am

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    BlahBlahBlah.
    Read your own posts with your biases turned off and get back to me.
    I always considered the hardcore fans those that followed the sport outside of just its mainstream exposure, meaning other promotions and big prospects.
    Rofl way to dodge the damn question, what biases? You're obviously the one full of bias here.

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 7:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin View Post

But yeah, the cocksword won. Yes, Brock, you have a cock on your chest. It even has little veins and a head and everything.

^^^^^^^^^Y'all UFC chumps can't handle the gayness of the cocksword!!!
    Do you think the cocksword is gayer than the UNICORN SKULLS on his shoulders???

UNICORN SKULLS!?! Is that gayness trying to be badass, or badass showing it's gayness? I can't tell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 11:10pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly, as someone who always tries to spread the word about the legitimacy of MMA as a sport, I found his behavior embarassing.
    Yeah like how that asshat Kimura dragged the name of judo through the mud with his dishonorable behavior.

If the behavior of individual athletes in any way influences whether or not a sport is legitimate, you can count out professional Football and Basketball just for starters. The Dallas Cowboys alone have more felons than most state prisons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2009 11:12pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
    Do you think the cocksword is gayer than the UNICORN SKULLS on his shoulders???

UNICORN SKULLS!?! Is that gayness trying to be badass, or badass showing it's gayness? I can't tell.
    Does it feel a little disingenuous to talk **** over the internet about a man you wouldn't have the balls to look in the eye?

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you Lesnar's ego?

Here, perhaps a compliment sandwich will take the sting off for you:

Lesnar is:

A huge, fast athlete. Current titleholder of Bullshido's Douchebag of the Month, who has the lamest tattoos of any celebrity currently in the public eye. His tattoos transcend the lameness of most white trash tough-guy tattoo art by incorporating fantasy role playing game subject matter such as the skulls of non-existant animals that frequent the imaginations of school children, an absurdly out of proportion bladed weapon that has been described by many as reminiscent of a male sex organ, and the visage of some sort of extra-terrestrial creature. But he has a tidy haircut...

There, is that better?

Honestly, I'd respect the man if he publicly stated that Vince McMahon had paid him a huge financial incentive to have that pre-adolescent fap material inked into his flesh.