NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Ha! I can speak for the UK and say that we literally think that 90% of you are morons.
    Open invitation to academic gong sau

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 2:24pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll "corner" you, even though I'm still nominally British...

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 3:28pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Open invitation to academic gong sau

Academic Gong Sau?

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 3:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right or wrong, I was just pointing out the inacurate statement made that the rest of the world views Americans and smart individuals. Here I'll show you what I mean;

YouTube - Dylan Moran - Americans

YouTube - Bill Bailey - Paranoid Nation

YouTube - Charlie Brooker on US TV

YouTube - Stewart Lee - America - Stand-Up Comedian

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKN2922875820071129

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 6:13pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe in the UK dude, did you know I wasn't American? I can pretty much speak for the entire far east.

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 6:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Maybe in the UK dude, did you know I wasn't American? I can pretty much speak for the entire far east.
    Sorry I assumed from your comment that you must be American. (edit:Though your location is listed as Florida?)

In that case I'll amend it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym
    the far east shouldn't be included in this sort of discussion. The far east are completely clueless about the trashy side of american life. The far east thinks all americans are educated, smart, sophiscated and tasteful. Or something to that effect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 6:33pm

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    I did get it and your comment was stupid. Think about it, you're saying that you wouldn't watch based on someone's ring persona regardless of how good a fighter they are.
    How is my comment stupid? I, and obviously many others (since Fedor has never been a very popular, PPV selling fighter, even in Japan, that's a well known fact), aren't just interested by the fighting aspect of this.

Why do you think it's called "entertainment"? Why do you think guys like Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, despite not being the best or most entertaining fighters (especially the latter), can sell so much PPVs? Because they have CHARISMA, PERSONALITY. That sells, and that makes what happens BEFORE AND AFTER the fight MUCH more entertaining.

And you obviously can't read for ****, because I haven't stated ANYWHERE I wouldn't be watching this if everyone was like Fedor, I said I wouldn't be a HARDCORE MMA FAN. And what makes a hardcore fan different from a normal fan? That's right, they're not just interested by the fights, they also are interested by the news, what happens in the MMA-verse, etc... And I wouldn't be that if everyone was boring like Fedor.

Would I still watch the fights? Of course I would, but with much less enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Sokaku; 8/06/2009 6:39pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 7:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tsk tsk. I see that once again the Internet MMA Community is going after that mean old wrassler who's ruining their sport. Now, granted, Lesnar has firmly established himself at the opposite end of whatever scale guys like Randy Couture and Jon Fitch are at the top of, but still:

Nick Diaz has flipped off the crowd on multiple occasions. Dana White drops four letter words like a Tarantino character. Michael Bisping, Houston Alexander, and Rich Clementi, to name a few, have engaged in mocking post fight behavior. Heck, on the same PPV Dan Henderson took the oppurtunity to land a Jerry Lawler style Flying Fist Drop on his out cold opponent. But Brock get's douche of the month and a condescending lecture about class?

Puh-leeze. If it had been any other fighter, there might have been a few posts to the effect of "So and so's a big retard" but BS wouldn't have found it necessary for a special column just to tie them to the e-whipping post.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokaku View Post
    How is my comment stupid? I, and obviously many others (since Fedor has never been a very popular, PPV selling fighter, even in Japan, that's a well known fact), aren't just interested by the fighting aspect of this.

Why do you think it's called "entertainment"? Why do you think guys like Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, despite not being the best or most entertaining fighters (especially the latter), can sell so much PPVs? Because they have CHARISMA, PERSONALITY. That sells, and that makes what happens BEFORE AND AFTER the fight MUCH more entertaining.

And you obviously can't read for ****, because I haven't stated ANYWHERE I wouldn't be watching this if everyone was like Fedor, I said I wouldn't be a HARDCORE MMA FAN. And what makes a hardcore fan different from a normal fan? That's right, they're not just interested by the fights, they also are interested by the news, what happens in the MMA-verse, etc... And I wouldn't be that if everyone was boring like Fedor.

Would I still watch the fights? Of course I would, but with much less enthusiasm.
    BlahBlahBlah.
    Read your own posts with your biases turned off and get back to me.
    I always considered the hardcore fans those that followed the sport outside of just its mainstream exposure, meaning other promotions and big prospects.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 8:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    regarding the trivial side discussion:
    I live in America for school right now (actually I'm back here for the summer), but I've lived all over asia growing up. Which is basically more accurate of the "rest of the world" compared to Europe. However I do concede that sentence is a bit overreaching. Especially accounting for the fact that it was within my knowledge that brits don't think americans are all that bright. lol.
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast