Our Sponsors:

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 1920212228 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2009 2:05pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I gotta go find that fight online. A dude donates that much blood to the ring, the least they coulda done is show the match.

Posted On:
    7/16/2009 7:06pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to see Brock fight Aleks rather than Fedor, to be honest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 12:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aleks is a stone cold gangster.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 12:07pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was really well written.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brock lesnar rules!!!

Don't knock Brock Lesnar.

Audiences love a good bad guy!

:5opera:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And a dominant fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 8:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because I love a good conspiracy theory...

I don't really think Dana White is pissed about Brock's behavior at all. And I don't think that Brock's behavior will result in fewer pay-per-view customers. If anything, the shitstorm of drama that it stirred up will motivate even more people to come out in droves, time and time again, in the hopes of seeing Brock get the beat-down. It will only end when he finally loses to someone, and it doesn't look likely that that will happen any time soon.

Brock's behavior was classless for sure, but come on, Dana White brought Brock Lesnar into the UFC knowing full well what he was getting into, and I believe he's getting exactly what he payed for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha View Post
    Just because I love a good conspiracy theory...

I don't really think Dana White is pissed about Brock's behavior at all. And I don't think that Brock's behavior will result in fewer pay-per-view customers. If anything, the shitstorm of drama that it stirred up will motivate even more people to come out in droves, time and time again, in the hopes of seeing Brock get the beat-down. It will only end when he finally loses to someone, and it doesn't look likely that that will happen any time soon.

Brock's behavior was classless for sure, but come on, Dana White brought Brock Lesnar into the UFC knowing full well what he was getting into, and I believe he's getting exactly what he payed for.
    I think you're right that Lesnar's behavior won't result in fewer PPV customers, but it may alter the mix of people that choose to pay. And I'm sure Dana White doesn't give a flying rat's ass about that.

Anyway, in pro wrestling during the mid-to-late eighties, the major figures in North America were two world champions, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. You watched Hogan because he was a superhero and you wanted to see him whup the villain; you watched Flair because he was a backstabber and a braggart and a prick, and you were hoping to see him get his ass kicked from Atlanta to Charlotte and back. I think that in Brock Lesnar, Dana White has found his Ric Flair.

After a while, Hogan became dull and irritating, and despite his charisma and success there were many people rooting against him. Flair, even at his sleaziest, always had fans. It remains to be seen if, in this regard, MMA shares this dynamic with pro wrestling.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 9:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ruining UFC 100

Like the guy that killed the goose that laid the golden egg. This Juggernaut on jugghead is doing exactly what he is getting paid for. Being the only hated guy in UFC. That's publicly hated by the General Public. We fighters can call a spade a spade because we know what's douchy. And I agree with the writer. But he was paid to piss off the fans. Why? Because without a villian there will be no Proverbial Hulk Hogan to boost the UFC ratings when somone really whips Brock's Ass. And I personally think that you are out there. :qtank:

thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Best Regards to the author.
    David Stranglehold

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But he's not universally hated. He's got a **** ton of fans. The only ones who hate him are those pissed that he's gonna bring MMA to the level of pro-wrestling. basically arrogant douches you need something to look down on.