Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516171824 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:05pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madrigan View Post
    Soon it will be "elitist" to root against Brock Lesnar.

You're right about the rules change. I still think they should do it, though.
    I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:09pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
    Everything you have said in this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:15pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
    Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:18pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Hug Them

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD, FMA, Sub. Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figure in the heat of the moment, people can get pretty emotional.

Especially with a punk like Mir talking so much ****... I'll give Brock a thumb up and a thumb down for this fight. He showed amazing improvement during the match, replacing the ugly short hammerfists (though he has fists the size of like, hams, he doesn't need to lift them up very high anyway) with patient and more controlled shots.

The apology afterward for the verbal circus was nice too, but as a 'respectable' 'martial artist', most would expect someone to have control over their own actions before they make them or words before they let them escape the mouth--and in the heat of this moment, he lost control. Helps that I never really saw him as a 'martial artist' first anyway, but it's not like I know the guy personally, so w/e.

So... yeah. IMHO, Control over his body and opponent during the fight, excellent. Control over his own words and actions during the thrill of victory, not as much.

I guess it can come back to how to define 'honor' or 'sportsmanship' etc. and what not to begin with; you can't always have it all, so how much should we expect of certain fighters and champions?
    Last edited by KITAmaru; 7/14/2009 1:55pm at .

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 2:17pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that Brock is a dick and probably deserves to be this month's featured douchebag, but some of you on here are just too much and need to relax a little. This thread is starting to remind me of a bunch of women on their periods.

I will defend Brock only to the extent that I can understand why he lashed out at everyone in his little rage session even though it wasn't the classy thing to do. Mir talked so much **** up to that fight it was insulting, on top of the fans never giving him an ounce of respect from his first day in the ufc. You even have people on this site who should know better claiming he has no skill and won by laying on him.

If he wanted to flip off the fans, that is his right. He did, however, make a complete ass out of himself by shitting on the sponsor and making the comment about climbing on top of his wife. He probably just let his emotions get the better of him, and he clearly lost what little respect he did have as a result.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was raised on military bases through the seventies and eighties. 25 years ago, if you would have told me that one day I would want to see a Soviet whip an American's ass, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I can not die a happy man until I see Fedor beat Lesnar's ass into the ground.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another thing about Lesnar.

he ahs talked a lot about giving the fans what they want, and if they want him to be the heel, well they paid their money and have every right to booo him and he's going to play into that because that's what they want.

So in a bizaro logic defying world, by flipping off the crowd he is genuinly being respectful to them

yes I know....... but still....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 3:35pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This nonsense is so completely overblown. No one's going to be talking about this in a couple weeks and UFC will by in no way hurt by what happened.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.
    Hayy-ell yeah, an why are they pertectin that Ken-flo fag from Annerson Silva?
    </sarcasm>

205-265 lbs should never be one weight division, even at that weight. It's just unfortunate that Brock is the example that illustrates that; Sylvia, Tank Abbott (when in the era of the modern weight divisions), Cabbage, whoever else had to struggle to make 265 never had the athleticism or skill to really illustrate the weight advantage of a fighter cutting significant weight to get down to 265 then put much of it back on before the fight against a guy who bulks up because he's slightly too big to cut to 205.

Let Brock defend his SHW title against Bob Sapp. That would be hillarious on many levels, though it would never fit their policy of not having Japanese-style freakshow matches - then again, if they're willing to piss all over the idea of ranking contenders according to who they've beaten......****, go back to 8 man openweight tournaments.