Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 8:33am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Founder of College Park Mixed Martial Arts Style: BJJ, San Shou, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    I can't remember where he refused to touch gloves, but I think it was when the fight had just started. He did however, touch gloves during the staredown beforehand. I could be wrong about this...if I am, he did it vice-versa. Either way is, he touched gloves at least once, and I'm pretty sure he did it before the fight began.

Is it cool to not want to touch gloves once the fight begins? Not really, especially when your opponent wants to. But you've already shown respect once, and some fighters like to start the action straight away. It was a minor awkward moment, not a blatant show of disrespect like Lesnar's.
    Nope. Anderson just stared at Hendo. Period.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 8:36am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Founder of College Park Mixed Martial Arts Style: BJJ, San Shou, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And how is Brock a bully? Really. Is it his fault the way the weight classes are set up? No. Jebus fucking Christ. You do work on the WWE and all of a sudden your a fucking pariah.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 9:13am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand the whole "he is ruining the sport" mentality. Some guys have class and some don't. Lighten up a little. This isn't the first sport to have an obnoxious asshole in it making some noise and it won't be the last.

And for those saying they won't buy a ppv with him on the card... really? So **** all the other fighters because Brock hurt your feelings that much? Does he seriously have that much power over you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    ...I'm simply saying that for those who were bullied, and took up martial arts as a way to defend themselves from bullies, Brock is very disheartening.
    Understood. To be fair, though, I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone who has trained in a martial art -- or played football, or wrestled with an older sibling, or been walked into by a larger guy at the mall -- that size and strength are advantages in a physical confrontation. This is why there are weight classes to begin with, so anyone who follows any combat sport is well aware of it. Therefore I don't think that Brock Lesnar is disheartening for anybody, because he is just one more example of an established fact.

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:32am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched this as a family night, to win the Wife over to MMA.

Guess what Mr. Douch, you have undermined years of explanations and hard work trying to un-murky the waters. If I was 200 pounds heavier, I would personally try to make you pay. Now I have to go back to stealing my MMA fix.

Thanks for nothing Douchbag.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the **** should he show class to anyone at this point. Mir was **** talking his ass off before the fight. And even though hes a proven athlete, people still throw WWE in his face. Brocks a beast and he got no respect since he got to UFC. Brock know what it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:53am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Lesnar was 30 pounds lighter and 2 inches shorter, we would of never heard of him. . He depends on his size, not his skill set. Lesnar will end up being Fedors punching bag and all will be right in the universe. Down with "Cock & Balls"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    If Lesnar was 30 pounds lighter and 2 inches shorter, we would of never heard of him. . He depends on his size, not his skill set. Lesnar will end up being Fedors punching bag and all will be right in the universe. Down with "Cock & Balls"
    It's called get in where you fit in. Only a dumbass wouldnt exploit his gifts. Royce Gracie exploited the ground game completely.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 12:47pm

Style: Catch as Catch Can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Size matters a lot, but its not everything.
    Thats why I like Japan. You wanna fight? You agree to it, you do it.
    One would think that the same could be expected in the land of the free...

Anyway, ever heard of Ikushisa Minowa?

YouTube - IKUHISA MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv INOWA High light
    no one ever told this guy he couldnt beat large fuckers...

...Also Cock Chestner Apologizing, ha ha crack that wip Dana lol
    Last edited by blisterstarr; 7/13/2009 1:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 1:27pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin View Post
    Um.... I tend to think that taking a beating and losing is still "backing it up". It's not like Mir ran around defensively a la Kalib Starnes or Michael "I'm amazing at fighting cans" Bisping.

Did Mir get beat? Hell yeah. He got beat by a smarter Lesnar, one who was patient and picked his shots well. Was Mir ready for this? I don't think so. Does that mean he was out of his league? You sir, are an idiot.

Brock fought smart, and Mir seemed to fight thinking that he'd be able to catch the Behemoth making an amateur mistake. Well, Brock tried not to make any mistakes, and for that Mir was simply out-prepared. Not out-leagued.
    Not when before the fight you're calling lesnar a punk because he was enough of a "*****' to tap when he realized he'd been subbed.

"He cried uncle, he said stop, he said I can't fight no more. There's nothing more humiliating than tapping in a fight."

**** you Frank. I think it's more humiliating to be effortlessly taken to the ground, held down like helpless child, and beaten until the ref figures he's seen you swell and bleed enough. Frank got dominated the first fight too, but luckily he got an opponent so green he was willing to step into his guard after Frank butt-flopped.

Showing up and getting beat backs up the fact that you're not afraid to fight somebody. Showing up and getting utterly dominated doesn't back up the fact that you even had a chance against that guy. Especially when you spend the better part of a year bragging about what you're gonna do to him (unless you're bragging that you're going to lie down and get handed a one sided beating).
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast