Page 10 of 30 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last
  1. #91
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I agree he is getting better. If its consolation for you, in striking you progress from complete newbie to looking "alright" pretty quickly. Being tricky, stonewall defense, greate foot movement, fast and hard (thought because he is so fucking big it doesn't matter) *usually* takes much longer.

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    295
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody booed Anderson Silva when he refused to touch gloves with Henderson.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    120
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    Having said that, I can't help but feel that some members of the Martial Arts community, who perhaps took up martial arts due to being bullied in school, see Brock as their worst nightmare - the schoolyard bully who they can't defeat by virtue of their training because he is bigger, stronger, and now has comparable skills. I can see how that would be demoralizing.
    I think that your ability to remotely psychoanalyze, and/or read the minds of, martial artists who hate Brock Lesnar is limited or non-existent. It's quite reasonable to consider Lesnar a pompous shithead regardless of one's personal biography.

  4. #94
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdean View Post
    Nobody booed Anderson Silva when he refused to touch gloves with Henderson.
    I can't remember where he refused to touch gloves, but I think it was when the fight had just started. He did however, touch gloves during the staredown beforehand. I could be wrong about this...if I am, he did it vice-versa. Either way is, he touched gloves at least once, and I'm pretty sure he did it before the fight began.

    Is it cool to not want to touch gloves once the fight begins? Not really, especially when your opponent wants to. But you've already shown respect once, and some fighters like to start the action straight away. It was a minor awkward moment, not a blatant show of disrespect like Lesnar's.

  5. #95
    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
    I think it was pretty cool of the guy to come out and apologize like that. Both he and Frank did talk a bunch of ****, only one of them backed it up at all. Wonder if Frank's ready to come out and admit he wasn't even in Brock's league.
    Um.... I tend to think that taking a beating and losing is still "backing it up". It's not like Mir ran around defensively a la Kalib Starnes or Michael "I'm amazing at fighting cans" Bisping.

    Did Mir get beat? Hell yeah. He got beat by a smarter Lesnar, one who was patient and picked his shots well. Was Mir ready for this? I don't think so. Does that mean he was out of his league? You sir, are an idiot.

    Brock fought smart, and Mir seemed to fight thinking that he'd be able to catch the Behemoth making an amateur mistake. Well, Brock tried not to make any mistakes, and for that Mir was simply out-prepared. Not out-leagued.

  6. #96
    alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,202
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    I can't remember where he refused to touch gloves, but I think it was when the fight had just started. He did however, touch gloves during the staredown beforehand. I could be wrong about this...if I am, he did it vice-versa. Either way is, he touched gloves at least once, and I'm pretty sure he did it before the fight began.

    Is it cool to not want to touch gloves once the fight begins? Not really, especially when your opponent wants to. But you've already shown respect once, and some fighters like to start the action straight away. It was a minor awkward moment, not a blatant show of disrespect like Lesnar's.
    the only injury i got from one fight where i beat the **** out of someone was because i thought it would be nice to touch gloves after the bell too. he reached out as if he was going to reciprocate then launched a kick that smashed my elbow. i couldnt bend it properly after the fight for like 4 fucking days.

    so **** that

  7. #97
    Deadmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madrigan View Post
    It's quite reasonable to consider Lesnar a pompous shithead regardless of one's personal biography.
    Lol.

    I actually agree with you. I do think he acted like a pompous shithead, and that the majority of people expressing their dislike of him are doing so because he acted like an ass.

    Perhaps I was unclear in my earlier post. I'm not saying that the people condemning his actions are doing so because they were bullied by mini-Brocks earlier in life, I'm simply saying that for those who were bullied, and took up martial arts as a way to defend themselves from bullies, Brock is very disheartening.

  8. #98
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    the only injury i got from one fight where i beat the **** out of someone was because i thought it would be nice to touch gloves after the bell too. he reached out as if he was going to reciprocate then launched a kick that smashed my elbow. i couldnt bend it properly after the fight for like 4 fucking days.

    so **** that
    Manny Gamburyan did that in one of his fights (or tried to). Rampage tends to try and throw immediately after the glove touch too.

    It's often safer to avoid it entirely.

  9. #99
    TheLordHumungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lemoyne (Harrisburg Area), Pennsylvania
    Posts
    417
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilbourn
    Is anyone?
    Nobody he's fought yet. Maybe Couture when he was younger, but that'll remain a maybe.

  10. #100
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,497
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're left with two choices for explaining BLABM's behavior. Either all that accurately reflects his true feelings and character, or he is "acting" the heel, ala the WWE. Either way he's a douche. We certainly don't need for MMA to be WWE'd up. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that could ruin the sport. But on the other hand, if all that ****'s genuine? The guy really deserves this award.

Page 10 of 30 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO