Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 8:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    Goddamn it, Mir. I realize Lesnar's an 800 pound gorilla, but it looked like Frank was perfectly happy in half guard. Not even an attempt at shrimping? Maybe he couldn't get enough space to, but in that case the flying knee was a terrible idea. Awesome technique, but it's not gonna KO Brock, and it's not going to leave him in guard on the bottom. Mir NEEDS guard to survive against someone that big. I was however, encouraged by Mir's head movement standing. He even had Brock backing up for a little while in the 2nd.
    Looked like Mir tried to control Lesnar with Lockdown, and ended up locking down his own hips...

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    all i'm going to say for my part is that I've got a big plate of crow to eat after all the talk I was running about O'brien.
    Missed the prelims, was he outclassed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:03am

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I really want to know is who turned the cage into a soiled maxi pad? there sure was lots of blood all over the cage

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:38am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Missed the prelims, was he outclassed?
    didn't watch it. just read about it. sounds like he missed a couple take downs early. Then in the second he stumbled off of a spinning backfist. He shot, Jones failed a guillotine, but had him agains the fence and switched to another choke and eventually got the sub. Blew me away. If Jake was going to lose I did NOT think it would be by sub. Jake's sub defense is usually extremely good.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 10:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo,TKD for funzies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma25 View Post
    What I really want to know is who turned the cage into a soiled maxi pad? there sure was lots of blood all over the cage
    Shhhh you cant speak of that. Its the UFCs most guarded secret.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, judo, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987 View Post
    Who needs martial arts when you're strong and got good wrestling skills?
    wrestling is a martial arts, unless you're being sarcastic...

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Sherdog

Sunday, July 12, 2009
    by Brian Knapp (bknapp@sherdog.com)

On a night when he stood alone atop the UFC heavyweight division, Brock Lesnars behavior -- not his destructive, one-sided victory against Frank Mir -- was the subject of post-fight discussion on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Lesnar unified the heavyweight championship in only his fifth professional appearance, as he bullied his way to a technical knockout against Mir -- the only man to defeat him -- in the UFC 100 main event. His tirade afterward -- which included a low blow to the UFCs primary sponsor, Bud Light, waving his middle fingers at the audience, taunting Mir and exposing plans for a post-fight sex romp with his wife -- drew the ire of UFC President Dana White.

The 32-year-old Lesnar claimed he was headed out to drink a Coors Light because Bud Light would not pay him any money. One of the UFCs highest-paid fighters, he made $450,000 in disclosed pay for his TKO victory against hall of famer Randy Couture at UFC 91 in November.

I was blown away, White said. I dont think in the history of the UFC weve had anybody do that. Its not who we are, and, to be honest, its not who he is. You hang with these guys personally, and you get to know them. If he was a dick, Id tell you right now this guy is a psycho and I dont know what Im going to do with him. Hes not. Hes a smart guy. The sponsorship thing was the craziest thing Ive ever heard in my life.

Lesnars antics drudged up memories of his days as a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar, when showboating and pushing the envelope of taste were encouraged and profitable. White claimed he confronted the apologetic champion in his dressing room after he left the Octagon.

Brock went so far over the top, I cant even put it into words, White said. WWE -- thats what it is. We had a talk. We talked like men, and he said he was sorry. He said, Im embarrassed by what I said. I take his word for it this time.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:43am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    From Sherdog
    Yep. Dana is far more appalled over Brock insulting a sponsor than him disrespecting the sport, his opponent, or the fans.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody who thinks Belcher was robbed is an idiot.

Go watch the fight without bias. The stand up was pretty equal. Yes, his 2 takedowns are what won him the fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 11:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    Yep. Dana is far more appalled over Brock insulting a sponsor than him disrespecting the sport, his opponent, or the fans.
    I would be, too.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast