Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 7:54am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho View Post
    Top blokes throw water at people's faces?

Top blokes throw water in Demarcus Johnson's face. Also he immediately appologised and said he was out of order and appologised to Hendo and tried to make amends with Demarcus. (Who went into the car park and cried for a while apparently) To me that shows he is a top bloke, not many people can own up like that. And Demarcus had it coming, what a pratt.

Also did you notice that no one in team UK had a single bad word to say about him? There was no man drama at all.

Also in the pre fight reel, the best example of smack talk they could find was a scene from tuf where Bisping had a pretty civil discussion about training times with Dan, which he was admirably doing to stick up for his team.

I just think a lot of this Bisping hate comes from people not understanding a bit of good ol' British ribbing.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I just think a lot of this Bisping hate comes from people not understanding a bit of good ol' British ribbing.
    The problem with Bisping is that when he does it it's "good ol' British ribbing" but when anyone does it to him he throws a fucking tantrum.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 4:33pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod View Post
    The problem with Bisping is that when he does it it's "good ol' British ribbing" but when anyone does it to him he throws a fucking tantrum.
    Example?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 1:03am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bisping said he likes to talk **** to get a reaction, and he fucking got one. What's all the bitching about?

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Example?
    The water-throwing is a pretty good example. Bisping thought Demarques called him "whiter than a bandaid" during the tennis match so he threw water in his face. He apologized afterwards because Demarques wasn't actually the one who called him that, but it was still a ridiculous overreaction to a completely innocuous comment.

Also his interviews pre-fight where he felt that Henderson calling him a douchebag "crossed the line" are the epitome of being able to dish it out but not take it.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 3:19pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

from people not understanding a bit of good ol' British ribbing.

a bit of good ol' British ribbing.

good ol' British ribbing.

good ol' British ribbing.

GOOD OL' BRITISH RIBBING.

??????

:deadhorse:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 1:45am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was fucking surreal. Do it again.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Top blokes throw water in Demarcus Johnson's face. Also he immediately appologised and said he was out of order and appologised to Hendo and tried to make amends with Demarcus. (Who went into the car park and cried for a while apparently) To me that shows he is a top bloke, not many people can own up like that.
    The fact that he apologized after the **** up doesn't show that he's a top bloke or that he has class. Had he had class and be a top bloke, the incident would never had happened to begin with.

To own up our own **** ups is not a sign of being a top bloke. It's the minimum one has to do when it comes to basic decency. This reminds me of one of Chris Rock's stand-up shows where he's tearing a new hole to guys who try to claim merit from **** they are supposed to do.

- "Uh, I've never gone to prison".
    - "You are supposed to not to go prison, you stupid ************!!!!".

Same here dude. Being a top bloke would have implied that Bisping do the following:

1. Ascertain, make sure that Demarcus indeed said something racist to him. When you overheard something that you think it's very offensive and directed towards you, you go "excuse me?" not "WAAARGH!!!"
    2. Upon ascertaining that indeed Demarcus said something racist towards him, he would have reflected on the gravity of it - Do I care about this ****? Does this warrants my response? - you know, top bloke behavior and **** like that.
    3. Upon ascertaining that it required his response, he would have approached Demarcus right there and then and demand an explanation.

But what happened was nothing like that. Bisping overheard something, he thought he was addressed to him, and that it was Demarcus; he never sought to make sure either was a fact, and several fucking days later, without any explanation, threw water at his face on national TV.

His apology came when the reality that he was mistaken was forced upon him, not as an act of contrition and reflection. There ain't no merit on that, just as there ain't no merit in expecting a medal for never having been in prison.

Or I dunno, you have lower standards on what a top bloke, guy, man or whatever really entails than I do.

And Demarcus had it coming, what a pratt.
    Why did it had it coming? Did you and I actually watched the same TV show?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718