Our Sponsors:

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 1718 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 6:55am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its hard to pick fights like that I must admit. Again I had 2 rounds to Akiyama as well, I wasn't swayed at all by the commentators thinking this was Bisbing / Hamil #2 or some ****.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 8:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    BLABM ("built like a black man")
    Hmm....

Gary Coleman?

Spike Lee?

Emmanuel Yarborough?

Grace Jones?

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 9:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite part of the evening was when my friends jits coach yelled "of course he lost, he's a fucking vegatarian!" In relation to Mac Danzig losing.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 11:39am

Style: Beginners Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Budweiser should sponsor Fedor to cave Lesnar's face in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 11:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    congrats to Hendo for taking home a cool $600k

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 12:00pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    What's with all the Bisping hate? I've not heard him talk **** at all really. And to say he doesn't deserve to be in with the likes of henderson seems off to me when he was giving as much as he was taking right up to the KO.
    He talks funny. And his flag has the right colours, but the wrong design.:tongue1:

I didn't see the fight though. Perhaps his performance was terrible. But people pointing out his karate point fighting do have a point.

...but for them to bitch about that, while nuthugging machida.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 12:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did lesnar say about budweiser?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:44pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    What did lesnar say about budweiser?
    "I'm going home. I'm going to drink Coors Lite. COORS LITE because Budweiser won't pay me nothing"

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two cents, in order:
    Akiyama/Belcher was a great fight that was way too close for either man to have been robbed. Personally, I had it as 29-28 Belcher, but it was simply too close. Superman punch off the cage wins the coolest punch of the night award.

Henderson/Bisping: The lesson we take away from this? Rising stars: Never, ever talk smack to a legend. Bisping sounded pretty humble in the post-fight from what I've read, so here's hoping he grows from that ass kicking and improves. Also, the Bisping hate (at least on my end) stems from the perception that- while skilled, Bisping is over-hyped, lacks power and ground game, and enjoys smack-talk. I heard the pre-fight promo, "Dan Henderson has been around for a long time, and fought a lot of top guys. He earned his way to the top," and commented aloud, "Michael Bisping... hasn't."

GSP/Alves: Jesus Christ. I mean Anderson Silva has cleaned out his division too, but Jesus Christ. I'm not sure whats scarier, the champion just knocking out everyone, or utterly dominating the top contenders for 25 minutes. Between this and the Fitch fight? Damn.

Lesnar/Mir: First of all, to anyone who complains about the fans booing Lesnar as he walked in? Mir is from Las Vegas. Always has been. He's the hometown boy, and fans will boo the visiting team. Get over it. Secondly, Lesnar had won me over after his first couple UFC fights, especially the classy way he handled the first loss to Mir.

I know Mir talked a lot of trash (strike one), but take a cue from Dan Henderson and leave your revenge in the fight. I hate Lesnar not because he got fast tracked to the title (which he still won from Couture and validated against Mir), not because he was a pro wrestler (although I didn't like him as a pro wrestler), and not because he's bigger than his opponents (Andre the Giant: "Its not my fault always being the biggest and the strongest"). The man is an exceptional athlete, a skilled competitor, and looks to dominate the division as it stands now.

I don't like him because I don't like poor sportsmen. I know he isn't the first to flip off the fans, and get in a defeated opponent's face. But guess what? I hate the other guys who have done that too. Melvin Guillard, Tank Abbott, Tito Ortiz, they all make me sick. No one else has to agree, but that's my take.

**** Brock Lesnar, the undisputed Heavyweight champion of the UFC. I respect his ability and skill, but still hate the guy.

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 2:36am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    He talks funny. And his flag has the right colours, but the wrong design.:tongue1:

I didn't see the fight though. Perhaps his performance was terrible. But people pointing out his karate point fighting do have a point.

...but for them to bitch about that, while nuthugging machida.
    Please don't even TRY to compare Bisping to Machida, there is no comparrision to be made except "look at how much better Machida is".

Bisping pretty much just ran away the entire fight, he knew Hendo had him out classed in a clinch / brawl / take down / ground game. So he did what he always does when he might get knocked out, he used his footwork and 'tappy tappy tappy' tactic.