I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Apart from the initial flurry he was landing more strikes and out pointing hendo. I don't think he looked particularily nervous but just took Hendo's power for granted when trying to be elusive.
    Bisping looked like a point Karate fighter in an MMA fight,

He was afraid of Hendos take downs (rightfully so), afraid to exchange (rightfully so)

And basically looked waaaayyyy out of place in there against an MMA legend

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 7:12pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The night went pretty much as I expected, with one exception. Why was GSP advised to " hit him with your crotch."? Is that technique intended to humiliate your opponent to the point where he can never show his face in the ring again?

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 7:22pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450 View Post
    The night went pretty much as I expected, with one exception. Why was GSP advised to " hit him with your crotch."? Is that technique intended to humiliate your opponent to the point where he can never show his face in the ring again?
    Are you trolling? That was one of the best quotes in context ever. GSP tried to quietly tell his cornerman he had torn his groin, his cornerman told him he didn't care and that it was all out time and to hit him with everything he had, including his injured groin. As someone suggested earlier, GSP's cornerman deserves a belt.

Anyone else as pissed off as I am in regards to not seeing the undercards on PPV?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 7:40pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heck, I'm doing my own Greg Jackson quote T-shirt..."Hit him with your groin"! And the speech about champions and breathin? Priceless

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 8:43pm

Style: Krav Maga (4), BJJ white

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin View Post
    Heck, I'm doing my own Greg Jackson quote T-shirt..."Hit him with your groin"! And the speech about champions and breathin? Priceless
    Not just that. I wanted to see someone punch Yves Lavigne's stupid moustache off.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 10:29pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^^^^^But with his groin??!?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Apart from the initial flurry he was landing more strikes and out pointing hendo. I don't think he looked particularily nervous but just took Hendo's power for granted when trying to be elusive.

I've read a few of your posts and am not sure that we watched the same fight.

First, in the build-up to the fight Bisping talked quite a bit of ****, such stating that the fight would be a walk in the park, etc. If you watched TUF and thought that Bisping was not trying to stir the ****, ok. You may have missed Bisping acknowledging that he liked trying to get under Hendo's skin in the countdown show.

Bisping got in a few shots, but he was not outpointing Henderson and he was behind in the fight at the time of the knockout. Furthermore, he started out the fight on his bicycle and was not taking Hendo's power for granted, he wanted no part of Hendo.

Why he was circling towards Hendo's right is anyone's guess. Henderson said that Bisping always does that it may just be a habit that he fell back to. Under pressure people tend to do what they most comfortable doing even if it isn't the smartest thing.

Maybe you are a big Bisping fan and just won't see the fight for what it was. It was proof that Bisping needs to be protected by the UFC and he is not ready for the top competition there.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan3450 View Post
    I think thats Greg Jackson's way of saying go for an armbar.:kk:

Edit: Lol at Jackson talking to GSP like he's a kindergartner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 5:58am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I finally watched the Akiyama/Belcher fight online and I don't see how anyone can say Belcher got robbed.

Round 1 was close but I would have given it to Akiyama, round 2 was clearly all Akiyama and round 3 was close but I would have given it to Belcher.

So the best I could have seen for Belcher would have been a draw.

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 6:34am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey View Post
    I finally watched the Akiyama/Belcher fight online and I don't see how anyone can say Belcher got robbed.

Round 1 was close but I would have given it to Akiyama, round 2 was clearly all Akiyama and round 3 was close but I would have given it to Belcher.

So the best I could have seen for Belcher would have been a draw.
    Thats exactly how i saw the fight also.

But if you had listened to the commentry they were basically suggesting that Belcher was dominating.