232711 Bullies, 3360 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 81
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Sparkie101 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:28am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Go-Kan-Ryu & Wado-Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello sochin101,

    I wouldn't expect to get hit in a cardio-kickboxing or boxercise class, despite them being derived from contact sports.
    I would expect to get hit at karate. I wouldn't expect it if I'm told it's non-contact.
    Fair enough point, I suppose it all comes down to sales at the end of the day and being driven by commission can only have bad implications.

    The second dan... is that someone with the initials JD? Signs his texts SJD?
    Something tells me you either know this person or you've heared a lot about them?

    See, GKR advertises Self Defence as one of the selling points and the SDCs push it HARD... but you guys aren't given the training to deliver that key component
    Again,I gues the general aspect of sales if focusing on Karate is it's own form of self defence, otherwise what's the point of learing how to block and counter.

    To summarise I think, as you say, all styles have their good points and bad, sales aside I think it's just another apple with different texture and colour. I like apples and intend on trying a whole variety of flavours and colours and hopefully, one day, I can mix the perfect cider with a good selection.
  2. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:36am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie101 View Post
    If it where permitted then I don't see any reason why not, although the obvious would prob happen in that anything below brown would have no students left.
    Followed by this:
    There is one benefit to GKR and that is if your on the STP. 1). because it's free to attend any class, including senior class where I get trained by 2nd dan, quite lucky in that respect as he's really good at what he does.
    Suggest to me that you're quite happy to rip people off as long as you get your free karate lessons with an actual instructor. I guess it must give you a bit of a chuckle to think about all those idiots paying full whack to train with people who aren't even qualified.
  3. bassai is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    177

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:37am


     Style: shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparkie , you do realize that gkr insurance is for no contact , so if you do get injured you've got no cover ?
  4. Heltern is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:47am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you would be covered by the insurance. The Dojo pays less for the insurance if you do no contact sparring (rates are lower).
  5. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:52am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltern View Post
    No, you would be covered by the insurance. The Dojo pays less for the insurance if you do no contact sparring (rates are lower).
    The rates are lower because the insurance company thinks there will be NO-CONTACT. They'll cover you for a sprained ankle or an injury you sustain from somebody else if it's a complete accident, but if they find out there was contact sparring (any contact at all) they'll say they don't think it was an accident and will not pay out.
  6. honesty is offline
    honesty's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,060

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:52am


     Style: SAMBO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think so. From what I've seen the insurance you receive through being a member of the GKR is a pretty standard 3rd party liability insurance coverage. That is you are not covered for injuries to yourself, but a 3rd party is covered by injuries done to them by a holder of the insurance. 3rd party would be a member of the public, not another GKR student. This is the absolute minimum required for insurance by UK law if I remember correctly...
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

    My Training Log
  7. Sparkie101 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Go-Kan-Ryu & Wado-Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    This statement:

    Followed by this:


    Suggest to me that you're quite happy to rip people off as long as you get your free karate lessons with an actual instructor. I guess it must give you a bit of a chuckle to think about all those idiots paying full whack to train with people who aren't even qualified.
    On the contrary, my students know I don't pay, however, I pay for my family to attend (half price). It's GKR's way of paying you for being an Instructor.. at no point am I laughing at people or throwing it in their face, although I feel I cannot convince you due to the mask that is GKR. All I ask is that you jude the person and not the Badge, I too was pulled in to GKR by a knock at the door and am just making use of a tool that is given to me. People have the right of choice, with the amount of bad press and general pushy sales I beleive people can make up their own mind on what they want. As I only have a few belts to go it is my ambition to acheive what I set out to do. I mean no offence to anyone or wish to seem like your avarage GKR ass, I am simply a family guy called Liam who wants to learn Karate and stay fit pure and simple. The added bonus of not paying helps the bills.

    Please accept my appoligies if I gave you this impression.

    Liam
  8. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:58am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    I don't think so. From what I've seen the insurance you receive through being a member of the GKR is a pretty standard 3rd party liability insurance coverage. That is you are not covered for injuries to yourself, but a 3rd party is covered by injuries done to them by a holder of the insurance. 3rd party would be a member of the public, not another GKR student. This is the absolute minimum required for insurance by UK law if I remember correctly...
    Yeah, straight after I submitted my last I realised that I don't actually know **** about insurance. I retract what I've said, re: insurance.
  9. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 10:01am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie101 View Post
    On the contrary, my students know I don't pay, however, I pay for my family to attend (half price). It's GKR's way of paying you for being an Instructor.. at no point am I laughing at people or throwing it in their face, although I feel I cannot convince you due to the mask that is GKR. All I ask is that you jude the person and not the Badge, I too was pulled in to GKR by a knock at the door and am just making use of a tool that is given to me. People have the right of choice, with the amount of bad press and general pushy sales I beleive people can make up their own mind on what they want. As I only have a few belts to go it is my ambition to acheive what I set out to do. I mean no offence to anyone or wish to seem like your avarage GKR ass, I am simply a family guy called Liam who wants to learn Karate and stay fit pure and simple. The added bonus of not paying helps the bills.

    Appologies i fI gave you this impression.

    Liam
    The GKR rip people off by having them sign up for karate lessons given by people with much less experiance then they are initially led to believe. You are payed by the organisation in the form of karate lessons. You are complicit in the scam.

    Do you understand?

    PS: I never accused you of laughing in their faces. I accused you of doing it behind their backs.
  10. Sparkie101 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    7/29/2009 10:20am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Go-Kan-Ryu & Wado-Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    The GKR rip people off by having them sign up for karate lessons given by people with much less experiance then they are initially led to believe. You are payed by the organisation in the form of karate lessons. You are complicit in the scam.

    Do you understand?

    PS: I never accused you of laughing in their faces. I accused you of doing it behind their backs.
    1). Yes, I understand but I'm a high grade that can give good lessons. I def agree with you when it comes to lower grades and I def think that it should only be from brown belt.

    2). I don't laugh behind their back neither.

    I can sence a lot of agression from you toward me just because I'm a GKR member. From what I can gather all of this comes from how people are missled in the first place and beleive it's moraly wrong for the SDC's to sell in this way, but that's not up to me and, yes, something shoud be done about it. but as I say, I don't work for GKR I use it.

    May I ask, do you judge every butterfly before it's hatched ? No disrespect but, although still a young grade I am quite capable and constantly strive to better myself. If you knew how hard I train you'd see the work I put in. just seems a shame no-one sees this an any GKR student.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.