Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 10:57am

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

shooto scoring questions?

We are trying to go to a complete shooto scoring system for our events, as it will eliminate alot of possibillity of favoritism in judging, I wonder if some one can look over what I know & correct it here,

Takedown = 2 pts
    passing guard/ side mount = 2pts
    full mount / taking back with hooks in = 3pts
    near submission= 3 pts

winner of rd stand up = 10 pts
    loser= 8 pt or less (we did 8 instead of 9)

if I have anything incorrect please let me know, also if anyone with naga experience would be interested in judging or refing for charity we would love to have you!

We have been using a 20 pt must system with hash marks, the problemb is with limited personell favoritism can come up, the shooto scoring should eliminate much of that, we used it in our first event, but I think we had some elements incorrect!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 9:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting idea. Are you going with an existing set of grappling rule definitions? If not:

Does a takedown straight into side control or full mount score the takedown points plus the guard pass points or just the takedown points?

Does a takedown that is immediately countered (ie: with the same momentum) with a sweep (or just a shitty takedown) into side control or mount score any points, or do both fighters score points (one fighter for the takedown, the other for the mount/side control)?

If a fighter jumps to guard, does the opponent score takedown points? What if he jumps to a guard sub attempt or sweep attempt?

What is a "near sub"? Catching the limb + correct position? Anything that forces the opponent to attempt an escape? Do you need to see full extension? eg: if one fighter has mount and spins for an armbar with hips right in the shoulder, legs squeezed and feet planted, and the other fighter Gable-grips to defend, is that a near sub, or does the grip have to be broken and the arm straightened? Obviously, you have similar considerations for chokes - if the arm is under the chin but not quite cinched tight a "near sub"?

Any points for a back mount with body triangle?

If a fighter gets side control then his opponent pulls half guard, and his half guard is passed, do you score guard pass points?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 7:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i will go more into detail later, but

yes a take down is still a takedown even if a fighter shoots a double straight into full guard ( as it is by naga standards) the thing is you get 2, he gets 3 (near sub) yes you score guard pass pts, 3 for side mount, 4 for full mount though I said 3 in the post, It was a typo

back mount with body triangle is taking the back with hooks, just on the body not the legs. = 4 pts!

standup is still up to interpretation according to the rules I found from shooto netherlands,

10 -8 = close rd
    10-7 = clear advantage
    10-6= standing 8 count
    10-5= more than 1 stamding 8 ct.

but the basics of your post yes if you put yourself in guard your opponent does get 2 pts for take down, which I assume makes sense!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant to put full guard and guillitone in the post, thats why the near sub!

can some one tell me how to edit these posts, please I will not take offense if it is simple I am a computer moron!

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 8:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There should be an edit button at the bottom of your post (it looks a bit like the "quote" button). After a while posts become un-editable and it disappears though, AFAIK.