Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My instructor apparently trained with Quinton Jackson back before he became huge and famous. I asked him about it. He said, "well... when I say trained, we sparred once. He fucking destroyed me, like I wasn't even there."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More than anything I would love to meet Kyra Gracie and roll with her for an hour.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Tim Sylvia didn't get my jokes, so now I tell people he's a dick.
    I'm pretty sure he decided I was mentally retarded. I jokingly asked if he was going to give a local fighter named Jason Reinhardt a title shot. Reinhardt trained at Miletich and weighed 135 in his shoes, so I thought this was pretty cute.
    "No. He's in a different weightclass. We would never fight each other" Sylvia told me, dead serious. There was an unspoken, " . . . and who ties your shoes, you poor dumb bastard?" in his expression.
    That's funny

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Micheal McDonald
    Sambo Steve
    Vladimir Borodin
    YO MAMA

I did meet a 90's Thai nak muay legend at the fight house once. Really nice guy. I think he belonged to Singkthom or something like that gym. He has some awesome seminar vids on youtube.

Anyway I'll go stfu now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met GSP. He was fucking awesome.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was a white belt, Kenny Florian would sometimes teach beginner's classes. Cool guy, good teacher.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Murilo Bustamante held a seminar at the gym I train at last summer. Really nice guy, very calm, no ego whatsoever.

He had promised us 1,5 hours each of BJJ, no-gi and MMA, it ended up being over two hours of each. Afterwards he apologized for giving us more time than he said at first.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met Alberto Crane at his schools grand opening, really nice guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce Gracie (got to roll with him for four minutes, that was a blast!), Frank Shamrock, Cung Le, Dan Severn (very nice guy). I don't think Shamrock or Le have fought UFC yet though, have they?

Jeff Cook

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thiago Alves and crew was by our gym for a week for high altitude training. Marcus Aurelio was up and 3 other people. They were all really cool, and super respectful towards the BJJ black belts and class. Thiago is really huge for his weight class.

Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last