221940 Bullies, 4242 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 51
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. silvernight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    5/07/2010 11:12am


     Style: FCS,Inosanto/Lacoste Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I had already been on active duty for two weeks. And it came back from my MEPS that he had fucked with my security clearence paper work (sat me down and "helped" me answer it. the problem with that, was the security screener wasn't even present that day, and I had no idea that he was supposed to be. on top of that I told my recruiter that I had been to a mental institution for a three day watch when I was younger, and he didn't tell me to lie about it, but he said I didn't have to worry about mentioning it, as I had no diagnosis for any issues, I was under 18, and i didn't try to kill myself. For some reason a lot of the recruits who were Guard, from my state no doubt, also got sent home. From what the NG Liaison said, they had been checking Guardsman more often recently, because of stuff like this. I got stuck in reception for two weeks, the whole time they were checking our **** out, and all together fifteen guys from my state got sent home.
  2. bushi_no_ki is offline
    bushi_no_ki's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    5/08/2010 3:38am


     Style: TMA, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that can be an issue. Honestly, if you had any inkling it could come up, you should have mentioned it your first trip through meps. and don't tell me that it was only a medical thing, there was a court procedure involved or the the military could never have found out about it unless you opened your mouth along the way. If you do make it to that point again. do be open and honest about everything, or it will come back to bite you in the ass.
  3. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,532

    Posted On:
    5/09/2010 1:47am

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Army sucks, join the USMC.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  4. hapkido_keith is offline
    hapkido_keith's Avatar

    Crappler Extraordinaire

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,307

    Posted On:
    5/09/2010 10:01am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    The Army sucks, join the USMC.
    They don't care if you're batshit-crazy. They took Moose after all...
  5. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,827

    Posted On:
    5/09/2010 12:17pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    The Army sucks, join the USMC.
    the few, the proud, the comma splices
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  6. silvernight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    8/17/2010 12:23am


     Style: FCS,Inosanto/Lacoste Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    been a long road guys, but I have been fighting for every inch I could gain.

    six months to the day I got discharged I went to the Active Duty Recruiting office, gave them my discharge papers... and I am OK to re-enlist. I am in the process of getting the required college credits, and working my balls off to stay in shape. come hell or high water, I will make it this time.


    Eli
  7. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,969

    Posted On:
    8/17/2010 7:00am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9 View Post
    A lot of times it pays to be a little less hooah and just blend in. Especially when you arrive at your unit. There are plenty of opportunities, but plenty of opportunities for the new guy to fall flat on thier face when they run full speed into the unknown.
    This is great advice in any situation. It almost always pays to get the lay of the land before you stick your neck out or try to distinguish yourself. Getting through OSUT completely unnoticed isn't necessarily a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    The Army sucks, join the USMC.
    Because in the USMC, you can look forward to lots of cool schools like Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger School, SERE, ARSLC, SOTIC . . . oh wait. You won't get to go to any of those. Ever. Promotions? Probably won't get too many of those.

    Focus:

    I went through Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood in 2006.

    1.) You will get a 250 dollar advance on an "eagle card" for running shoes and basic supplies when you inprocess at the good ol 43rd AG. You do not have a choice in this matter. The Drill Sergeants will most likely force you to purchase new PT shoes when you get there, even if your current ones are brand new, so don't bother buying new shoes for OSUT. In fact, showing up with more than the clothes you are wearing and a small personal hygiene kit containing soap, deodorant, razors, and shaving cream is a waste of time and money. Most of your crap will get confiscated or thrown out.

    2.) Keep your cell phone if you have one, as the Drill Sergeants will often let you make your Sunday morale calls on that (if you get one), instead of wasting time and money on a pay phone or calling card. Just be sure to turn your phone in when they tell you to.

    3.) A lot of your classmates are going to be shitheads. Be careful who you associate with.

    4.) Basic Training was really the only time in my life that I enjoyed getting mail. It broke up the monotony a bit, and gave me something besides the Basic Training Manual to read. Just be careful about who you give your address to.

    5.) Make sure all your affairs are in order before you leave. If you have any bills, make sure they are on autopay. If you have credit cards, call and inform the companies that you will be at basic training for awhile.

    6.) Don't buy a bunch of **** that you already have or don't need. You can either do without until you're a free person again, or bring it in your personal bag and expect not to see it for 15 weeks or so.

    7.) Do what you're told. Don't break the rules. You can behave for a few months. It won't kill you.

    8.) If you don't have a lot of bills, consider investing in the TSP. Or open a Roth IRA/brokerage account. It's a good way to be fiscally responsible.

    9.) Don't buy a fucking car until you can afford it. When you do buy a car, purchase something sensible. Inform your leadership of any big purchases you plan to make, and get their advice/help. If you already have one, or if you have debt of any kind, ask about the Service Members Civil Relief Act to have interest rates reduced on your preexisting loans/credit cards.

    10.) Everything Gezere said.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  8. daishi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    721

    Posted On:
    8/17/2010 7:42am


     Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    T
    Because in the USMC, you can look forward to lots of cool schools like Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger School, SERE, ARSLC, SOTIC . . . oh wait. You won't get to go to any of those. Ever. Promotions? Probably won't get too many of those.
    You sure about that Cassius? I'm a Marine and I've been to Airborne School, its actually really well known the Army has a monopolization over that course (other than the Navy now has their own school for NSW). Its tradition to put Marines as student platoon Sgts...so we are definitely there. I was a plt. sgt. over SFCs and below (and technically E8s+ and officers but they don't stay at the same barracks)...oh I was a Sgt. at the time, a Marine Cpl. was in charge of the other platoon. I've also been to SERE (both the Army and Navy's run SERE course). I know Marines that have been to Ranger and Air Assault school as well...hell I just deployed with a Marine who went to Green Berets Indoc on an exchange program. We have an equivalent to RSLC, which is part of, and can be separate from, our Sniper's pipeline. SOTIC is basically a glorified DM program. Sucks that I have more pride and knowledge about your Army than you do. Hell, you guys have a lot of foreigners attending your schools as well.

    Anyways, to the OP:
    Leonardwood kind of sucks if you don't have a ride, but like Cassius said: don't buy one! $500 down sounds great but 26% interest sucks! There's a big ass Bass Pro Shop about 45 min. away...don't remember what town, but guys will find out about it and go there...there's other stuff to do, its a real town.

    Think about getting a limo or town car, get a bunch of guys, and split the cost to have it drive you to St. Louis. If you'll have free time while your there, I mean. Its fun running early winter mornings when your sweat will freeze and soak through your PT gear and you have to brush salt off your back! Have fun, bro! You'll love it (with good friends and a good attitude, any place can pretty much be a good time).
  9. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,532

    Posted On:
    8/17/2010 1:58pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

    Because in the USMC, you can look forward to lots of cool schools like Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger School, SERE, ARSLC, SOTIC . . . oh wait. You won't get to go to any of those. Ever. Promotions? Probably won't get too many of those.
    Hey, if you're ricky recon, or get into MARSOC you can get to those schools...But you're right. Being a straightforward 03 sucks in terms of promotion, equiptment and schools. : /

    Some MOS's hit up all the bad ass schools. 0861s, i think, hit up SERE and jump school.

    Though some MOS's promote fast as fucking ****. lol, cryptolinguists anyone? 1406 cutting score, hell yeah 1 year corporal.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

    2.) Keep your cell phone if you have one, as the Drill Sergeants will often let you make your Sunday morale calls on that (if you get one), instead of wasting time and money on a pay phone or calling card. Just be sure to turn your phone in when they tell you to.


    ......What.

    Sunday Morale Calls?

    I got one call at boot camp, on Christmas, after we got done with BWT and smoked all the other platoons at land nav. But then again, why would the Army need to call home for christmas? They're already home ;).

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  10. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,969

    Posted On:
    8/17/2010 2:36pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    You sure about that Cassius? I'm a Marine and I've been to Airborne School, its actually really well known the Army has a monopolization over that course (other than the Navy now has their own school for NSW). Its tradition to put Marines as student platoon Sgts...so we are definitely there. I was a plt. sgt. over SFCs and below (and technically E8s+ and officers but they don't stay at the same barracks)...oh I was a Sgt. at the time, a Marine Cpl. was in charge of the other platoon. I've also been to SERE (both the Army and Navy's run SERE course). I know Marines that have been to Ranger and Air Assault school as well...hell I just deployed with a Marine who went to Green Berets Indoc on an exchange program. We have an equivalent to RSLC, which is part of, and can be separate from, our Sniper's pipeline. SOTIC is basically a glorified DM program. Sucks that I have more pride and knowledge about your Army than you do. Hell, you guys have a lot of foreigners attending your schools as well.
    The Marines I went to Airborne school with were either Recon, MARSOC, Riggers, or E8+s.

    Look at your average Ranger School class:

    95% Army
    5% Marine, Navy, Air Force, Foreign Military

    Army SERE:

    80% Army
    20% ETC

    Air Assault
    (I don't have my ladywings, so I'm not sure about this one)

    SFAS/Q Course
    99% Army
    1% exchange

    SMU Selection/OTC (other than DEVGRU, obviously)
    95% Army
    MAYBE 5% other

    Airborne school is a wash, as it's mostly a "reward" school, and NWS just does 3 days of Static Line training before they move on to Freefall. So most of the Navy dudes that go through Army Airborne School are EOD.

    You can dispute my numbers all you want, as they are mostly made up, but the fact of the matter is that it is VASTLY easier to get into the more elite echelons of the military by joining the Army than any other branch. By that I mean SOCOM, which is where all the fun is. In addition, it is much much much much much much much easier to go to "cool" schools in the Army than any other branch. Both the "Hooah" schools that I mentioned, and the more specialized, MOS specific schools.

    Also,

    your mom
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.