Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:14am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bas Rutten's Body Crunch Prevention?

http://164mph.com/Mixed_martial_arts...k-crank-video/

There's a video of the move, and a pre-UFC Jon Jones as the dummy.

Anyways one guy at my gym really loves this move, however my instructor doesn't like it and gets pissed when people tap to it saying it's not a legitimate submission.

He's had the guy put it on him and shown he can just resist the position -- and how he can easily escape by framing his left forearm across the guy's jaw (and his right hand holding his left wrist) and bringing his left leg over the guy's head (like a traditional headlock escape from the ground).

And yet... I have great difficulty resisting this position, and i'm not having a ton of success with that escape. So basically I'm asking for ways in which to prevent this move from happening if he's got me in scarf hold (ie: a way i can prevent him from grabbing my leg or something)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:46pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you tried bridging with only one leg? In the video, he only snags on leg - couldn't you just use the other one to bridge?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the exact same as the standard kesa escape. Throw your leg over his head into reverse triangle.

If you can't do that, hook your other leg around his arm and pivot laterally so you end up on top crucifix.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 7:51pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't he letting go of his only means of maintaining the scarf hold/kesa as soon as he frees up the arm to go after your leg? You basically just have to escape kesa to defeat it, no?

Or I could just shut the **** up and you could read the actually helpful technical answer from hedge above.

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 8:06pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frame up, cross face the **** out of him, step over his head with your far side leg. Pry him off, or try this then switch to popping out the back door in conjunction with a quick bump.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 3:27am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To prevent someone from getting a good kesa on you it is important that you don't let him get a good grip of your extended arm. Pull the elbow of that arm down into the mat and lock it behind his upper thigh. That way he can never get a good grip of it and working the escapes will be a lot easier for you.