Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:23pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do buakaw kick ?

I am trying to develop the proper speed and rhythm when kicking, i can kick quite well but my switch kicks are a bit telegraphed because i wind up before them, so while i can kick faster i just thought that by buakaw chain kicking the bag i could do it without letting my opponent know what i plan to do, also for the life of me i cant kick with the same leg twice, just so you know what i mean, its in the video around 0:56

YouTube - Buakaw training HL

So for those of you who can do that, tips on how to do it ?
    what should i concentrate on and be looking at when buakaw does it, his leg doesnt seem to pivot too much or at all sometimes.

spatula ?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your problem is your balance. You need to learn to kick with a well balanced posture, with your supporting foot directly below your shoulders. Your kick should swing around without pulling your body off balance. It's also a matter of knowing how to swing your leg, keeping it totally loose so that after you hit the target, or even if you miss, it just falls right back into place. Main issue is balance/posture.

On the pivot, if your knee is already pointed out then it's not as necessary to pivot your foot to let your leg fly. One thing to keep in mind though is that Buakaw isn't always going for a full out power kick. To get the most drive through in the kick, you should be pivoting, but it's not always best to throw your hardest kick every time.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 2:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, gotcha, will try that then.

i do have a tendency to get into am informal power pissing competition with others when kicking bags, so i drive through with my weight and that makes me chicken dance when trying to bring my leg back quickly to fail kick again.

straighter posture, leg under shoulder and dont have vTec kick in yo

going to training today at 6, will post my findings at 10, thanks spat.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just keep in mind that driving your weight into your target doesn't mean leaning into the kick. You want to thrust your hips out (like really jut that pelvis outward, making it the first thing to rotate around before anything else) while keeping the rest of your body basically in the same place. Also make sure you're coming up on the ball of your foot to make spinning around easier (if there's weight on your heel, it'll make the rotation clumsy).
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

poser

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 5:14pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been chain-kicking like that for a while (TKD, etc.) and I just tried it out at the computer. Thing is, I learned it when I was like 10 so I have no idea how I do it.

You know what?

KidSpat wins again.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is more along the lines of a cheap trick than correct technique: If you throw the first kick with the rear leg, and then bring it directly to the ground (effectively switching leads), then throw the second as a lead leg round kick, you may find the 1-2 sequence easier to pull off. My subjective impression is that because slightly different body mechanics are used in the lead leg kick, there is more of that fast-twitch juice available for the second kick.

Try it out, but remember, its more of a cheat than an improvement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay, back.

so turns out spatty was right, my balance is crap. i kept falling forward and left side when throwing the back right leg, also my leg would fall back straight down so i would basically jerk kick afterwards.

lead kick is better, but again i either jerk kick or actually pivot and drive through it falling forward and right.

with some practice i could pull 2 kicks properly and 5 fail kicks later on, also seem to be trying to do it too fast for my own sake.

so i will keep this thread as my chain kicking journal and bother you guys with more inane questions as they arise while trying, next time i go back training is monday, till then i will let my shins heal and watch buakaws ass when kicking.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 10:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honest_truth View Post
    okay, back.

so turns out spatty was right, my balance is crap. i kept falling forward and left side when throwing the back right leg, also my leg would fall back straight down so i would basically jerk kick afterwards.

lead kick is better, but again i either jerk kick or actually pivot and drive through it falling forward and right.

with some practice i could pull 2 kicks properly and 5 fail kicks later on, also seem to be trying to do it too fast for my own sake.

so i will keep this thread as my chain kicking journal and bother you guys with more inane questions as they arise while trying, next time i go back training is monday, till then i will let my shins heal and watch buakaws ass when kicking.

Yeah, it will definitely help if you try just relaxing and going through the motions, keeping everything loose and doing your best to focus on posture and just letting the motion flow. I'm not saying practice in slow motion, but try being as relaxed as possible and just go through the motions without really using any power, really focusing on the "feel" of the technique. The better the kick feels to you, the better your technique is. If you're doing everything correctly, the kick should feel extremely easy to do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 3:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing, swashbuckling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always found that 1: the way you move your arms has a lot to do with being able to get the kick up there quickly and with power. You've got to have that sort of counter-motion to your leg going forward. And 2: when you bring the kicking leg down between kicks it helps a lot if you push off of the ground when you start the next kick, rather than just touching down for the sake of touching down.

Mind you, I've only done this kind of chain-kick a few times, so I'm hardly an expert. I managed to make it work pretty well for me, so I figured I'd chime in and try to help.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsy Roll View Post
    I always found that 1: the way you move your arms has a lot to do with being able to get the kick up there quickly and with power. You've got to have that sort of counter-motion to your leg going forward. And 2: when you bring the kicking leg down between kicks it helps a lot if you push off of the ground when you start the next kick, rather than just touching down for the sake of touching down.

Mind you, I've only done this kind of chain-kick a few times, so I'm hardly an expert. I managed to make it work pretty well for me, so I figured I'd chime in and try to help.
    did this and concentrated on the arm movement and kick off, it made it much easier, also since i need to kick off i cant do it by having my leg fall back straight down because there is no tension, seeking tension i naturally started throwing my leg back further.

will give this more practice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast