Posted On:
    7/06/2009 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krasus View Post
    http://www.economist.com/world/unite...ry_id=13788623

This is an article in the economist from a few weeks ago.

Basically, gun sales have increased dramatically since Obama got in, in fear that he will get out his ban hammer.

And so demand has out stripped supply leading to shortages.

Hope you find it interesting.

EDIT: A lot of the comments are good. Sort by recommendation for the interesting discussion.
    I was reading through the comments when I found the following nugget of comedy gold:

To minimize the efforts of Gandhi, Cesar Chavez, Dr. King, Jesus Christ and the host of other liberal activists who have made possible your life as a free person, to support your desire to own a gun is morally reprehensible.
    Cesar Chavez has made it into the same boat as Jesus and Gandhi.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find if I just buy a case every time I have the $ to spare and one is available (pretty regularly out here), I don't come up short. Haven't yet, anyway.

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 7:43pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Only a little bit. My Mosin is actually too long to fit in there so I just keep it in my bedroom, and the floorspace is currently occupied by assorted ammo. If I were to acquire another longarm I'd have to shuffle the ammo around a little bit to create space for it.
    Do you know about the safety and decocker built into your Nagant? Sorry to go off topic, but many people own their rifles for years without realizing that the rifle has both of those features.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 9:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Do you know about the safety and decocker built into your Nagant? Sorry to go off topic, but many people own their rifles for years without realizing that the rifle has both of those features.

Heh, I've read about them. I actually cannot remember if I've ever used them or not. I do remember twisting the bolt in weird ways once. Since I only shoot the mosin at paper targets I usually just unload it if I'm not about to fire.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 11:26pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I've read about them. I actually cannot remember if I've ever used them or not. I do remember twisting the bolt in weird ways once. Since I only shoot the mosin at paper targets I usually just unload it if I'm not about to fire.
    Well its something a friend of mine uses a lot since he has kids around a lot of the time and no safe to store his in. I figured it'd be useful info for keeping the rifle safe since it won't fit in the gun safe. The safety can be engaged by pulling on the rounded, somewhat coin shaped part of the bolt in the back as far as you can and turning it counter clockwise. The bolt clips onto the rifle, you'll see what I mean because there's a space cut out for it. It uses some muscle to do, but it isn't so bad. Just be sure not to let the bolt slam forward when you take the safety off. It lands on the bolt stop pretty hard and can bust it. And the decocker is used by pulling the bolt to a natural resting place between down and up, slightly closer to up, and pulling the trigger. It'll snap the bolt into the firing position, but it wont be cocked and won't set off a round. Just something to have fun with, or to keep in mind if you have company with kids around.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:14am

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For something that is simple yet potentially dangerous I feel like I need an instructor.
    I do not have a reloading press but have done a small amount of reloading. Not an expert. However, it is not as dramatically dangerous as your post makes it sound. Unless you like to light up when working, the most dangerous part (other than paying for it), is making the decision on which press to buy. :)

Unless you smoke.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 7:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I don't smoke. I just thought it would be a lot better to err on the side of caution because I only get one set of hands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 10:42am

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I don't smoke. I just thought it would be a lot better to err on the side of caution because I only get one set of hands.
    I agree. Safety first. You have to do what works for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12