Registered Member

Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 3:21am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think there is any legit MMA going on in Malaysia or Singapore, all underground. It's entirely possible that he's fighting in an organisation that doesn't want a paper trail.

In Sg they're doing King of the Cage, they even use the Yellow Ouano gloves, but it's obviously not KOTC. I've got a friend there who trains with a guy who fights there, she has no reason to lie, so I'm going to believe her. I look the guy up and can't find him on any database, but I've seen videos of him fighting in amateur tournaments, and he is good, so it's entirely plausible.

It's like Shonie Carter or Travis Fulton, you won't find all their fights. You get someone starting out in a country that frowns on this kind of stuff, it's understandable that an organisation they fight for might come up empty.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 3:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can always challenge him to an MMA fight.

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 9:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I don't think there is any legit MMA going on in Malaysia or Singapore, all underground. It's entirely possible that he's fighting in an organisation that doesn't want a paper trail.

In Sg they're doing King of the Cage, they even use the Yellow Ouano gloves, but it's obviously not KOTC. I've got a friend there who trains with a guy who fights there, she has no reason to lie, so I'm going to believe her. I look the guy up and can't find him on any database, but I've seen videos of him fighting in amateur tournaments, and he is good, so it's entirely plausible.

It's like Shonie Carter or Travis Fulton, you won't find all their fights. You get someone starting out in a country that frowns on this kind of stuff, it's understandable that an organisation they fight for might come up empty.
    I am live in singapore myself, and yet i have never even heard of a MMA underground fight myself. If he's fighting in an organisation that doesn't want a paper trail. He wouldn't have even have posted that article of his interview on mmauniverse.com

As for KOTC, it was only held once by combat academy back in 2006
    and since then there was no more MMA competition around in Singapore.
    I spoken to a couple of friend that Underground Competitions in Malaysia doesn't have a belt or a name for their Underground fight let alone be official MMA Competition Sanction by Malaysia Martial Arts Community.

I believe some members of bullshido told me that they found some of his fight videos. If you do could you post it here so i can see it for myself and end the endless debate if he is a fraud

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmn View Post
    You can always challenge him to an MMA fight.
    I am 205lbs in the light heavy weight caterogy, it doesn't sound right to fight with someone from a freatherweight class

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 11:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjo80 View Post
    I am 205lbs in the light heavy weight caterogy, it doesn't sound right to fight with someone from a freatherweight class
    It is not a problem if you have a friend/student at that weight division with enough proper training.

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 11:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmn View Post
    It is not a problem if you have a friend/student at that weight division with enough proper training.
    Well that is true
    I have drop him a message on facebook and his Youtube profile.
    asking him where did he train and who was his MMA coach.
    It has been two days and he didn't reply.

I hope he is the real deal so i got someone to train with or else he is really a fraud

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 10:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo,TKD for funzies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent him a message asking when he will post videos of him fighting, if he has any other fights coming up, and I wished him good on his training this is the replay he sent me:

Hi Kilbourn,

I'll upload them vids as soon as I get my hands on the copies of the DVD.
    I am currently training real hard at Tiger Muay Thai, Thailand. The guys there wants to try me out in the middleweight class.

Thanks and God Bless!

So there’s still going to be a wait on the videos. In the mean time I found two articles about him, one from a newspaper and the other from a magazine. The magazine is too fuzzy for me to do much with but I will see what I can do with the newspaper article.

But right now I’m hungry and Maury comes on in thirty minutes….

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Kilbourn,

Could you show me this arctile? Would be nice to see a real MMA fighter in Malaysia after all. I would be delighted to train with him when i drop by malaysia one day. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo,TKD for funzies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the wait I had trouble uploading the pictures.
    Here are the two articles and a closer picture of the belt in question.

In this picture I put a yellow box around the parts that talk about his mma fights. But it's still really hard to see lol

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 1:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Kilbourn,

I am aware of this Newpaper cutting and the stuff you showed me. As my friend exactly sent me the links of this the other day. Exactly, that is not the only thing. Some of my Malaysian Friends brought this topic up in the first place and i am looking at it.

Some people who trained both BJJ and MMA in malaysia are questioning his belt and where did he exactly fought.Which i am very interested to learn about the Cage Freestyle Fighting Championship. Currently i am deeper into my investigation about this Fighting Orangnization that Fareez Shakut was talking about was in thailand.

One of my new found friend who i came to know. He gave me this Link.
    talking about a Championship Belt
    http://martialarts.com.my/community/...#forumpost2926

I messaged Fareez on facebook that he was training in Tiger Muay Thai Camp and train with Ray Elbe who appeared on the Ultimate Fighter Season Nine. I wrote an email to both Ray Elbe and Luke Chaya of www.bjj-asia.com. So far, Ray Elbe doesn't not have any recollection of a guy name Fareez Shakut training with him but Ray is rather interested in putting Fareez up with a fight with one of his guys.

As BJJ ASIA, has a collection of MMA Fights both Amateur and Professional Levels in the Asia Region : http://www.bjj-asia.com/search/label/MMA

If you take a look at both pictures. I am not sure if it is photoshop or makeup. I got bruises, swollen Eyes and a brokes on my face if you see both pictures itself
    On the Right Side of the head one picture would show brusing on one side of the face
    and the other picture does not have Brusing.

Current i am deeper into my research into his claim
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast