Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Thanks Miguksaram! I'll give her a try. I hope she isn't too freaked out by my contacting her though.
    Why would she be? You are looking for a school to study at. Also, I know Master Kim, Dae-jin who studies under Mayes. He seems to know his stuff as well.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 11:46pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram View Post
    Why would she be? You are looking for a school to study at. Also, I know Master Kim, Dae-jin who studies under Mayes. He seems to know his stuff as well.
    Oh I only said that because I've experienced several people I didn't know get weirded out because I was given their email or ph and then contacted them with a question. I think some people are just overly paranoid though.

primarily in NC, but travel often to visit family.

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 9:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, & Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grandmaster Myong Mayes is definitely the real deal. She is the highest ranking female grangmaster in taekwond and is a member of both the World Taekwondo Fedderation in Seoul, Korea and a member of the Jido Kwan Society in South Korea. She has a dojang in Spring Lake, NC Here is the website for the Jidokwan Society and on this website there are pictures of Grandmaster Myong Mayes when she was younger. http://www.taekwondojidokwan.com/

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 10:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondomaster View Post
    Grandmaster Myong Mayes is definitely the real deal. She is the highest ranking female grangmaster in taekwond and is a member of both the World Taekwondo Fedderation in Seoul, Korea and a member of the Jido Kwan Society in South Korea. She has a dojang in Spring Lake, NC Here is the website for the Jidokwan Society and on this website there are pictures of Grandmaster Myong Mayes when she was younger. http://www.taekwondojidokwan.com/
    Do you know Mst. Tina Ferraca as well?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 9:50am

Style: TKD & HKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met GM Mayes many times since I started TKD back in '96. I can not confirm her recognized rank, but I remember her being referred to as a 7th dan when I was first introduced. However, I can attest to her character, toughness, and the quality of students she has produced. She was well known for having some very gifted students train under her despite her harsh teaching style.

Miguk, I don't know Tina Feraca, but I did train with one of the other instructors on their website, Florencio Martinez, at Carolina and he was a great person and TKD-ist. Do you happen to know Martin Douglas who used to train with GM Mayes and is now at United TKD?

As far as picking a school to train at, you probably can't miss at GM Mayes' school, but I know there are lots of great TKD schools in NC (including my own :friends:).

I can confirm her former position as President of the NC Taekwondo Association as she organized and ran many tournaments under the NCTA when I was a color belt/poom.

Hope you find somewhere you enjoy your training!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not familiar with Mst. Martinez. I know Mst. Feraca because we both serve as Task Force members with the USTC. I have met a few others of GM Mayes students at the US Open Hanmadang and they were all very talented athletes and good people.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 10:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GM Mayes was the first woman to be promoted by Kukkiwon, and Taekwondo Jidokwan to 9th Dan. That story was printed in the "Taekwondo People" magazine published by Kukkiwon a few years ago.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234