Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/23/2004 5:24pm

Style: Bad Parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do you think of combat-do peedee?

give me your review. and let me tell you, this forum is quite refreshing.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think i've ever heard of combat do. Do you mean those hilarious "military BRUTAL hand to hand STREET styles" that are popping up everywhere and are about as usefull as tits on a bull? You want to check out some pretty goofy stuff? Theres an Israeli based system called F.I.G.H.T. that competes with SCARs for the most knee jerk system award.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    1/24/2004 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm...no. I'm talking about the martial art Combat-Do, made by this guy in Chicago I forgot his name, he Pride Fights I think, and Pride Fight trains people, it was made either slightly before or slightly after Shoot Fighting was made by another Chicago inhabitant, and emphisizes grappling, but has kickboxing. Black Belt magazine or Grappling Magazine might have more info for you. That's where I heard of it. Also, I must say Century is a widespread company for MA equipment, do you know of any company better?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 7:38pm

Style: penis-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob schirmer... yeah. I know him. I know his school. I know people who go there and teach there too. A lot of mixed feelings. First of all dont beleive his Bio, cause some of its crap. For instance he is notorious for being the only person to enter black belt master divisions and becomes champ by default. But at the same time he has legit skills and isnt a bad teacher, but isnt necessarily the greatest one either. He has trained good fighters but after they get good they leave. Shonie carter, brian gassaway, Jim theobald. They all left because of disagreements. Bob is a good guy though. He hypes himself a bit too much, but its a good place to start out if your just begining.

Combat-do itself isnt a style. They have some sloppy bjj with judo throws. They have a few good grapplers who teach a bit. None of the sttriking coaches are any good.

Oh and the last thing. The place is almost cult-like. I mean he has an insane amount of kids who go there and all of his other students would honestly jump off a bridge for the guy. They get reaaaaaaaal into it for some reason. Anyone in the chi-town area who's in the MMA loop knows all this about bob. But if you talk to a combat-do person they will talk to you like the guy is god. its kind of scary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, and i know i'm kind of bargin in on peedee's territory but as far as MA supplies Century is, well, kind of crappy as far as any kind of ring sport equipment. If your into the traditional MA's their stuff is good. But as far as any muay thai equipment, boxing equipment, BJJ gi's, Judo gi's, MMa equipment, or grappling apparel its best to stick with companies that specialize in that particular field. Century is pretty much the standard for all the traditional ma stuff though, and their stuff is usually pretty affordable too. Just remember you usually get what you pay for, except for fairtex gear where your paying an extra twenty bucks, when twins stuff is better.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh...a combat-do guy just came to roll with our class few weeks ago. This particular guy seemed competent (course, for me, everyone seems competent at his point) and didn't, as I recall, mention anything about his guru.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where you train at?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont mean everyone, but the people who travel with him and ****. if you go to one of his tournaments you'll see.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I PM'd you.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 5:43pm

--