Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<The title of your thread does not mention USJA. You posted the USJA test, as an example, I presumed, no other organization, that I know of, has such a document.>>>

Well Ben I will try very hard to make myself more clear. I am sorry to have confused you. As to the testing form, well, I am very sorry if USJI or USJF do not have the same testing standards as USJA.

<<<So, this thread is about rank standards in the USJA only, and USJA testing procedures. Or is it about how Mark Tripp, and I assume your Uncle, administered black belt exams?>>>

Well Ben, I guess I will have to go over it all again. Sorry to have lost you.

You came here mainly over the Matt Morton flap. Mr. Morton claimed rank in USJA. As such, I would have thought the context clear.

In explaining the history of the Phil Porter problem I gave the example of Michigan Judoka, going around the Michigan USJA promotion board, of which my Uncle was the head; and testing elsewhere. This, as you yourself say, should be unacceptable. I submit, they did not test in Michigan because we insisted that the exact USJA test, as posted, was given. In fact, there are a few people from Michigan, who post on Judo boards, who did exactly that. They know, and they know I know, which is why I suspect there is such animosity from them towards me.

The second reason was to show exactly what was required of a Nidan in Judo in USJA and what would be expected of Mr. Morton, or anyone, who is looking to validate a rank under the USJA promotion system.

All of this is in the thread, so I am at a loss as to how I keep losing you.

<<<I appreciate you wanting to stay with what you know, if that is the case.>>>

I always have Ben. In the face of all the adversity, and challenge to my integrity and credibility, I stay with exactly what I know.

<<<Glad to hear you are not testing people doing solo kata testing, other than the single solo kata in Judo. I would hope if you ever do, you will speak up>>>

Well Ben, over at the Underground, when I asked two people who their kata partners were for their USJA test, they exploded with all that "personal" stuff you wanted to stay out of....

...I am sure you wouldn't ask of me something you wouldn't do...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 9:55pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it too impolite to ask WTH happened on the OG? I seem to remember you posted there back in the day (2001) on the judo/sambo board

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 5:06am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will do so another time, in a different thread. I know it makes it hard for some to follow the "big picture" but I really try to avoid thread derailment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:50am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We follow the USJA Test in our Dojo as well. I feel it is the best test out there. But...... we add more to the test, there is alot of other things that I want my students to know which is not on the USJA Test.

The Kata requirements is too relax! My students must know a Kata (part of one) at the Green Belt Level. I feel Kata is VERY IMPORTANT in your judo studies.

I make all my Black Belts perform all 67 throws, not just the 40 that is required on the test.

Basicly, we took all the requirements from the USJI, USJF, and the USJA and combine them into one test and then added a few things what we wanted our students to know.

We take 1 whole day once every 3 months to do testing at our dojo.

Mark Hunter

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 1:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sombo/Judo/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like that Criteria. It reminds me a lot of what I had to do for even just going to rokkyu for the USJF. With all the studying I've done I can do most of the written part.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123