Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2009 4:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a veteran who unequivocally said military H2H is for building confidence and nothing more. In reality the chances of you getting into a hand to hand fight with the enemy is retardedly low. Yes Jack Bauer is awesome, but unfortunately **** doesn't work that way in real life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 3:39am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Military martial art seem to be more confidence builder than teaching soldier how to fight.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 9:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The U.S. army does use some krav maga techniques but yes mainly boxing and bjj.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2009 9:54am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MA in the army (at least the Israeli one) is for mostly aggression training, also if your weapon malfunctions, you can still hit people with it, it's far better than throwing them and trying to choke them.

I know guys that did a lot of work in civilian populated area, and still there is never a "movie moment" usually there's a bunch of us and we jump him, and beat him up, tie him up and pack him up, if we need to question him that is.

I'm not saying MA training has no room in the military, but it sure as **** is not what we see in the movies, I remember being like 14 and asking a guy who was spec. forces when he was going through counter terrorism training, if they learn cool MA stuff, he looked at me and said: "I have a gun, I shoot them, it's much easier".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 2:44am

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way MACP is explained to soldiers going through the course, at least the ones I've seen, is that it is to instill the confidence and ability to close the distance and finish the fight. The instructors don't hold the art on a pedestal as teh "anti-gun," but as a way to breed comraderie, PT, and give some basic tools for that "OH ****" moment.

With that said, MACP, and MCMAP, has seen a lot more use on today's urban battlefield than previous wars. Especially now that the US is leaving more and more action up to the Iraqi Security Forces, lethal force is being used less by US troops, which means more energy is being put into non-lethal weapons and techniques. Also, part of the struggle here is to win the "hearts and minds" of the local populace, something that is easier to accomplish without blowing people up.

Of course, epic hand to hand ninja battles do not take place, but there are situations that require personal contact with other, non-US folk (detainee operations, pat-downs, ect.), and the training offered by the Army makes soldiers feel more comfortable with their abilities.

While the Army is teaching hand to hand, it is also teaching soldiers to maintain their weapons, to never leave said weapons behind, and to be able to use them effectively. That takes priority over MACP in any situation, regardless of the unit.

Everything said above can be found in the U.S. Field Manual 3-25, the regulation set concerning MACP.

I think what makes military fighting systems so attractive for so many people is the fact that:
    1. It isn't what they do (LARP)
    2. They think that it is proven on the frontlines by troops, and if their nation's heroes are using it, it must awesome.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 3:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    google: ' soldier number 8, prison, Egypt'

cant get anymore h2h then that.

lolol!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 3:59am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the answer

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 4:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Militaries have the real deadly that actually kills people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 12:57am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchslapper View Post
    Militaries have the real deadly that actually kills people.
    I can only conclude from this that you are stupid or a bad troll.

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 1:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I used to believe.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast