Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:10pm

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Clubs View Post
    I'm just about to get discharged from the Australian Army and i can say from personal experience that the Aus Army has the worst H2H skills of any armed forces i have met.
    Saying that as a critiscism of our Army is like the US Army is **** because they have no skills with a sword.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 10:51pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some people believe you don't need hand to hand training in the military or that its for bar fights. An analogy from my teaching days was when my students would ask why they needed to know something or how to multiply etc when we have calculators, What happens when you don't have a Ti-81 or your classmates don't have a Ti-81(because your a prick of a teacher and threw them away, royally pissing of the dept head at the end of the year when you said they were stolen from your desk a day you had a sub). I Told them, you need the knowledge to recognize if your answer on the calculator follow's logic, and that you may not have any electronic help. tools make it faster and easier. if you dont have access you need your brain and pen and paper and those skills have to really sharp to have any hope of competing with having a calculator.
    Basically Guns and knives are great and you need to train there use inside and out and back again. but your h2h has to be trained even more so to allow you to survive on the rare chance that H2H are you only hope.

5 senerios right off the top of my head and im sure pp can list more.

1. an attack in a civillion setting (leaving out a bar fight which i call an ego fight, which you need to man up and leave the situation.).
    2. off duty attack.
    3. escape with no weapons.
    4. non functioning weapon.
    5. Profit

sorry couldnt resist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_nye68 View Post

5 senerios right off the top of my head and im sure pp can list more.

1. an attack in a civillion setting (leaving out a bar fight which i call an ego fight, which you need to man up and leave the situation.).
    2. off duty attack.
    3. escape with no weapons.
    4. non functioning weapon.
    5. Profit

sorry couldnt resist
    1. The bar fight is a much used example. It covers all civilian settings. You cannot exactly leave after someone swings a cue at you and his mate blocks the door.
    2. Dunno what you mean
    3. Escape with no weapons. Apart from taking out one guard or whatever it is probably best to not draw attention with bodies, or risk discovery.
    4. What about your 9 mates? Are all there various weapons broken? Your knife
    5. WTF do you mean profit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:46pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    5. WTF do you mean profit.
    it was a south park reference

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:52pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    1. The bar fight is a much used example. It covers all civilian settings. You cannot exactly leave after someone swings a cue at you and his mate blocks the door.
    Bro, it's not a Stephen Seagal Movie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 12:41am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Friggen Stephen

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 12:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True story, I saw Taken (great fucking movie) Right after, I saw Stephen Seagal's "Shadow Man"

Same premise, only it was like getting a nice, deep tissue massage, followed immediately by a round of body shots from mike tyson.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 12:56am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stephen Seagull

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 3:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    True story, I saw Taken (great fucking movie) Right after, I saw Stephen Seagal's "Shadow Man"

Same premise, only it was like getting a nice, deep tissue massage, followed immediately by a round of body shots from mike tyson.
    Is that a compliment to Taken or not? I thought the fight scenes in Taken were alright. Taken was a mad movie, but there is no twists in the plot at all? Am I the only one who noticed that he spent a lot of the time being a badass (not complaining) and that there was not a single time in the movie that anything made finding his daughter not happen?

**** Stephen Seagal. In 40 mins of fights, 3 and a half mins were legitimate Aikido techniques. It does not have to be realistic (like, it could work) but stay true to the style/character you are attempting to potray.

I.e. Modern movies use Kali (or similiar) to make their characters look gritty and realistic. (Bourne trilogy, Taken) Probably to blame for the RBSD fad.

Kali is not even an RBSD, and nor is MCMAP, and nor was LINE. Shows how dumb the average member of the population is in relation to MA.

And am I the only one who thinks the abbreviations make the MA sound cool? Like secretive. It is even better when you can make into a word, like LINE, or a deadly word, like SCARS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 3:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    Bro, it's not a Stephen Seagal Movie.
    Where did that come from. We at Bullshido know that there are situations when confrontations are unavoidable. That is why we train. (apart from for sport, but I am making a point)

No ones saying that there is never a way out, and that you should not look for one.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast