Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 3:07am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Military Martial Arts= Who cares?

Now I have the greatest respect for anyone in the military. I admire greatly what you do and hope to enlist in the Australian Army after Uni.

But this trend for 'SAS fighting skills' or 'Secret Military Martial Arts' is out of hand. I am sure that a few references have been made already to this, but the search function did not reveal anything.

The trend, however, is not my problem. Any LARPing wannabe army type can pretend and prance around with his RBSD all he wants. PS if you wanna be an army type elite soldier- JOIN THE FUCKING ARMY! THEN YOU CAN LEARN THE REAL ARMY ****!

I don't get why (apart from this minor group) why we want what the army has. Military forces use the H2H systems they train in in active combat so very little it is not even worth considering.

Documentaries like that awful Human Weapon pretend that USMC MCMAP is the best MA there is. 'They are some of the deadliest men alive'. Sure. When they have an M-16 and are charging and firing at you.

They would definitely fare well in a fight against an unruly civilian, but so would anyone with legitimate martial arts training.

1. Even if for some reason, it was easy to find somewere to train with the military (OUTSIDE the military) why would you? Just because some kid pushes you around at school doesn't mean you kill him. Same goes with a drunk at the bar.

2. If a country has a native martial art, they use it. With some variations in technique and striking points.
    -Thai military use MT, modified to Lerdrit.
    -Israelis use Krav Maga (modified to work)
    -et al
    The USA, Australia and the UK have none. So they mix it up and give it an abbreviated name. MCMAP= BJJ and Kickboxing.

3. Name a situation the average infantry soldier would need MA- As quoted by a guy I have heard of who taught some martial art to the military.

"Never trust someone who advertises as- I taught the (insert army unit name here) in combat. When I applied to teach, the CO told me this 'Listen, I know why you think you are here. That is not it. We have fully automatic rifles with laser scopes, .45 pistols that can blow a hole the size of an orange in your arm. We have airstrikes, radio, grenades, mortars, bayonets and knives as long as your forearm. Even if all this **** fails, there are 9 people with the same crap to back you up. We will not use this in the field. If some guy wants to prove his balls by beating up a soldier at the bar, then that's when we need you. It is easier to get you to teach them all together than give them leave to find an instructor of a civilian MA instructor."

So they learned some civilian martial art with some civilian martial art instructor.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse:deadhorse

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Just started Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha that's all so true! and I lol'd because up the top of my page there's an ad for "How to defend yourself - Discover what the martial artists and the army don't want you to know!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I have seen that a few times. It is funny because it assumes any martial artist is in on 'it' On some sites it changes depending on what you searched for/what the site is related to.

Once it said 'what the karateists and the Army do not want you to know'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 10:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who believes World War 2 was won with judo chops has bigger problems than not knowing how to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 殺意流

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just about to get discharged from the Australian Army and i can say from personal experience that the Aus Army has the worst H2H skills of any armed forces i have met.

In fact the Australian Army has just scrapped is H2H program last year so i don't really know what they are going to use instead. (Apparently it's a new CQB program but that's still a secret, but from what i've seen of the new program it looks like the Aus Army considers H2H combat obsolete and prefers to train for extreme close quarters marksmanship)

Now i still maintain that Martial Arts concepts are invaluable to a soldier and that Martial Arts can instill fighting spirit but due to the nature of the modern battlefield it is unlikely that any soldier will have to face someone else in H2H and if he does he probably has a whole squad at his back.

But your right. Even those SAScats have very limited H2H experience and would get dominated by a trained Martial Artist.

I was thinking of writing to the Chief of Defense to argue for a Combatives program like Judo or BJJ. I think i might still do that before i discharge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the US Army is starting to head in the right direction.

The new Combatives program is pretty much BJJ with ACU's on instead of a gi.

Only problem is that they aren't updating the techniques. For example, they still use that Gracie Gift guard pass.

Also, the instruction is much slower paced than say most BJJ schools. They have a tendency to slow and dumb down everything.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, there is a book upstairs right now, about military martial arts, sekret dedly stuff.

I glanced through it, told the owner it was complete garbage. He was offended.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 4:56pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznassassn View Post
    hahaha that's all so true! and I lol'd because up the top of my page there's an ad for "How to defend yourself - Discover what the martial artists and the army don't want you to know!"
    Hey man, what're you doing these days? Still doing the Buj or have you moved on?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really surprised that there does not appear to be a thread on this already tbh. I can't speak for the Aus system for a few years, but the US system (well the Marines system, so not technically the Army :P) has been well publisised (cannot spell).

Martial Arts can instill good spirit and camaraderie, but so can going on a big jog or all holding up a heavy log. I would rather be really strong in the Army than a BB in any MA.

Me: HADA! Flying side kick!
    Other: Bang.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3Moose1, the kind of guys that pawn that **** as actual knowledge are the kind who are not to be reasoned with over the validity of their teaching.

There is only one solution to people who know 'Th3 D34d1li3st S@S ****'. Snipers outside their places of residence and business. With hollowpoint rounds.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast