7/01/2009 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

...and so it begins

<<<To whom are you speaking Mr. Tripp?>>>

If the shoe fits...

<<<I have at length explained my objections to the practice of vigilantism based on my education and professional experience in law enforcement and you've not responded in detail to any of them.>>>

Why would I? I reject your premise that quality control, and checking claims is "vigilantism." Moreover, why should I give any more care to what concerns you than what concerns me?

<<< I am a USA Judo Yonkyu.>>>

...and?

<<<Believe me, if I was to go in for nefarious plots to obtain rank I haven't earned I imagine I could do better than an orange belt...>>>

Were you accused of doing so? When did I make any such claim?

<<<I've not seen anything here on Judoforum I would consider to be a defense of the individual accused of falsifying his rank. Rather what is happening here is that some of us chose not to participate in or endorse the practice of cyber vigilantism practiced on other forums.>>>

Again, this would require that I agree with your use of terms, and I do not. What is practiced on other forums is not the issue. Although I did note none of you seemed to have a problem with how the Underground treated me for years. Tell me, do you write letters such as this to Consumers Reports as well? We do the same job.

<<<I see now that over on the Bullshido thread you folks are busy accusing people you have likely never met, nor done anything to verify their rank, of both cowardice and obtaining phoney rank through false pretenses. Is this the type of behavior that you are hoping will provide so inspirational in nature that we will join you in your "investigations"?>>>

Flummery and you know it. No one has asked you to join us; I know I have not asked you to join me. We do what we do. James Randi has spent his life debunking phony Psychic's, it is interesting to note many people have the same problem with him that you do with Bullshido.

<<<I'm sorry you feel that you were unfairly attacked on some other forum.>>>

Not feelings, facts.

<<<I do not read or post there, just as I do not post and rarely read over at Bullshido.>>>

Yet here you are....

<<< Are you serioulsy under the impression that you are entitled to demand that Judoforum members come to your defense on the UG?>>>

Not at all, just pointing out your "out rage" is quite selective.

<<<Can you see how it might be possible that some people that are members of this forum might not be attracted to the culture that exists over at Bullshido or the Underground? >>>

No more or less so than a culture that accepts fake rank, ignores the problem, and insults anyone who points it out.

<<<I will tell you plainly that your behavior both here and there serves to me as an example as to why they are places better avoided.>>

If I thought the opinion of a Yonkyu had any merit, I might give a crap about how you feel. Here is a thought, why not avoid me and not send me fatuous messages such as this?

<<<Neither do I find anything admirable in the vigilantism you seem to enjoy.>>>

You saying it does not make it so. Thank you for your interesting opinion, I will give it all the attention it merits.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW: A Yonkyu is a Green Belt, so he is full of **** too....

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess that gives me something to do until I get off work. Fed-Arrester, PREPARE TO TASTE MY LOGIC!

Edit: DENIED! Apparently they forum registration page is blocked as Violence/Hate/Racism by our web filter at work. Stupid thing...

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:14pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A vigilante is one that takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into our own hands. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vigilante

Then this definition does not apply to us because, we have never arrested, or attempted to arrest a fraud. On the rare occasions when we have known of laws being broken, we turned the matter over to the relevant police department. (Ralph Calvillo)

If investigation of bad behavior makes a vigilante then many newspaper reporters are vigilantes.

Secondly, who are we supposed to turn these matters over to, the Judo police? They don't exist.

I hope that guy isn't that uptight when he's out on patrol.

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:21pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this crap from judoforum as well, or was it a PM? The guys over there astound me to which I question their intelligence.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL being called out by a green belt. Regardless of his age he has no idea of how rank works and what earning it means.

BTW Mark nice jab at with the glass house remark. I notice how no one commented on it.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:24pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    BTW Mark nice jab at with the glass house remark. I notice how no one commented on it.
    Because their insecurity will show too much?
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The seemingly hostile reception Coash Josh received from some of the guys over there had me puzzled, not what I expected at all.

I really can't do with passive aggressiveness, it's one of the reasons that this place is the only forum I frequent. Forced politeness with veiled insults and insinuations do my fucking head in, I'd rather someone straight up tell me they think I'm a twat.

Vigilantism... what a joke.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was PM'd to me at Judoforum. I thought you'd all get a kick out of it.

Notice the "I am educated and a law enforcement officer" which means his opinion is greater than ours.

And, as I said, a Yonkyu is a green belt so I have no doubt he has NO legitimate Judo training....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2009 4:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Judo Forum going to be added to the Bullie vs UG fights now?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast