Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2010 8:16pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk View Post
    it's something they have been doing for the past 6+ years
    I read that the practice has been going on longer that. Can't find the article to reference. Wiki says 30 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2010 10:05pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    I read that the practice has been going on longer that. Can't find the article to reference. Wiki says 30 years.
    that is why i said 6+ i know for a fact it was going on over 6 years ago but not sure how far back past that. But yes it's been going on along time. Each product line has it's own biblical passage.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 12:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You say "...the practice" .. the practice of what exactly ? .. intentionally marking their sight systems with biblical references (lol) that's fucking amusing if its the case.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 1:49pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    You say "...the practice" .. the practice of what exactly ? .. intentionally marking their sight systems with biblical references.

Yes. Everyone just thought it was the scope providing the accuracy.

lol

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 2:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's mint. I can't wait to get my ACOG issued now.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure the 'practice' of doing this was fine for the first 20 or so years seing as the founder of the company was just a deeply religious man. However, with all the bullshit 'politically correct' crap today that's inherent in our society it's no surprise over the new outrage.

Consider this:

According to Obama and Janet Napolitano, Terrorism is now called Man Made Disasters. According to those outraged, weapons with these scopes are now called Jesus Guns.

The irony being that Jesus Guns are now thwarting Man Made Disasters. Holy ****... I think it's a miracle!

:qleft7::biblethum
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The really hilarious part of the whole dustup is ABC News talking about their "investigation" and showing photos credited to "ABC News." Every bit of information in that report and every photo in it was copied right off ARFcom and other gun forums where people had been discussing the issue for a couple of weeks by that time. Personally, I'm an atheist, but I don't see the big deal. If you think American soldiers are going to offend Muslims who don't already hate them by having some small reference to Christianity on their persons, I don't know what to tell you. And if you think there's anybody who hates American soldiers more today than he did yesterday because of this news, allow me to express polite skepticism. Hell, my dad has "METHODIST" stamped right there on his dog tags.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alg_rifle_bible_verse.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	10970  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 6:45pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just wondering how often this was actually noticed by ANYBODY!!!! I understand that there can be some severe down time in the military but were there really soldiers sitting around reading all the serial numbers on their equipment and seeing if it randomly corresponded to anything? It just seems like the least likely way to get any religious message across.

Infidel

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 6:47pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On one hand I think it's prety cool. I'll add a personal touch to my rifle, body armor, vehicle grenades whatever.
    I'm not religious but I fine some quotes from the bible bad ass.
    I don't see it as THAT big of a deal, then again I wonder how I would feel about passages from the Koran on my scope. It'd probably piss me off that someone is pedaling their religion on my ****.

In the end it's a stupid move by the US military to have allowed the purchase of these scopes with the bible quotes for non other than the PR ammunition it gives to the media and the members of different religions in the places we try and win hearts and minds. Everything today is about the media public support and money.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    On one hand I think it's prety cool. I'll add a personal touch to my rifle, body armor, vehicle grenades whatever.
    I'm not religious but I fine some quotes from the bible bad ass.
    I don't see it as THAT big of a deal, then again I wonder how I would feel about passages from the Koran on my scope. It'd probably piss me off that someone is pedaling their religion on my ****.

In the end it's a stupid move by the US military to have allowed the purchase of these scopes with the bible quotes for non other than the PR ammunition it gives to the media and the members of different religions in the places we try and win hearts and minds. Everything today is about the media public support and money.
    Eh it would be better to go with the Pulp Fiction quote.

In any case this will provide fodder for conspiracy theorists forever.

I don't think that this is stupid PC...it's cognizance of the fact that some people WILL read more into this than there is.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast