STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 5:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

clips of sparring part 2

So I reviewed the vids from last week, went over things i need to fix, spent all weekend drinking and playing poker, and went to sparring monday night exhausted and ready to forget everything i had tried to remember. still though, i totally almost won at poker. few more clips-

for this night there was only 4 of us. these arent all the rounds cos that would be fucking heaps of footage its just the more interesting rounds, so in some im a lot more tired than in others (mostly vs Vin, who incidentally is one of the better pro fighters in NZ and tips the scales at around 120kg, which is 50kg more than me or for those in the americaland, roughly 100 pounds. owch.)

Sparring with Jared-
    round 1-
    YouTube - sparjared1
    round 2-
    YouTube - sparjared 2

Sparring with Willy (just boxing cos he is FEAR of my kicks and also he hurt his toesies)
    round 1
    YouTube - sparwilly1
    round 2
    YouTube - sparwilly2

"sparring" with vini (if you can call getting dropped by an angry tongan for kicking him in the nuts sparring)
    round 1
    YouTube - sparvin1
    round 2
    YouTube - sparvin2

I was attempting to use a bit more lateral movement, especially against the big boys. well, and cos i was running away from vini. kind of frustrating that a big weekend and working 10 hours sunday left me pretty fucked but i think i was still a bit lighter on my feet this time. my accuracy with the lead leg is getting better and im getting rid of some bad habits with my head movement when throwing punches. i still have a habit of staying in place after unloading a combo which gives them the opportunity to hit me back, and occasionally "taking pictures" especially after checking kicks. And as Vini demonstrated to me i chicken wing too much.

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 7:56am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice videos, i like how you slip the lead hook and throw back your own.. going to try that myself.

Were you purposefully using that many lead kicks to improve that aspect of your game? I was half convinced that you are actually right handed watching all those jabs and lead roundhouses.

I think this forum could really use some more threads like this from its advanced members.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 10:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    na just watched too many bruce lee films as a kid. a good combo that i dont do enough is slipping the lead hand punch and coming over with a 2, then a lead uppercut. did it a few times but really should crack it out more often

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 2:44am

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice! It is good to see that some of us is more than keyboard warriors:)
    best of luck