223783 Bullies, 3531 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ving Tsun is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Savannah
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 7:50pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I'm glad I have drawn attention to this thread. I want to thank all who have participated and I am happy to see such emotion on this site. I'm sure I will get even more dumb comments from this post, but that all good! I know what my school is and I know for a fact that I am getting the proper training and I DO have the real Ving Tsun!

    I really don't care what other people have to say because I know I'm on the right path at a real school and not some massive commercialized McDojo found in every other strip mall. I did not change my ratings because I felt under pressure from the other members. I changed them only because I was trying to better align my schools rating.

    Finally, instead of attacking me on my rating scale some of you should have KINDLY ask me to reconsider my ratings not catch an attitude. I do understand that there are too many bull-headed people in martial arts (mainly in MMA) who always have a point to prove due to some kind of insecurity.
  2. ZenOfAnger is offline
    ZenOfAnger's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. louis, MO
    Posts
    1,304

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 7:59pm


     Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    I know what my school is and I know for a fact that I am getting the proper training and I DO have the real Ving Tsun!
    lol

    I really don't care what other people have to say because I know I'm on the right path at a real school and not some massive commercialized McDojo found in every other strip mall. I did not change my ratings because I felt under pressure from the other members. I changed them only because I was trying to better align my schools rating.
    But of course. [/sarcasm]

    Finally, instead of attacking me on my rating scale some of you should have KINDLY ask me to reconsider my ratings not catch an attitude. I do understand that there are too many bull-headed people in martial arts (mainly in MMA) who always have a point to prove due to some kind of insecurity.
    You do not understand the culture here, do you? I like how MMA is where almost all the assholes are, because, you know, they don't have true discipline that real arts teach, and whatnot. MMA people think that martial arts are for fighting real opponents, and not the street. How silly they are.


    By the way: :thefinger



    Sincerely,

    ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

    -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

    The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.
  3. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    Tom, I should not have to answer to you. I know that you are not the forum administrator, but from what I gather you were once a Ving Tsun practitioner. I don't know why you are so offended by my ratings, but that's your personal problem not mine.
    Incorrect on all counts.

    You do have to answer to me on this forum if you wish to not have your school review treated as spam. I am a Ving Tsun practitioner. I was not offended by your previous ratings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    I know what my school is and I know for a fact that I am getting the proper training and I DO have the real Ving Tsun!
    How do you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    I really don't care what other people have to say because I know I'm on the right path at a real school
    Again, how do you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    Finally, instead of attacking me on my rating scale some of you should have KINDLY ask me to reconsider my ratings not catch an attitude.
    I said fix your ratings. It took you two tries, but you did. If any attitude is shown, it was by you when you decided in the absence of any evidence that people did not know what they were talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    I do understand that there are too many bull-headed people in martial arts (mainly in MMA) who always have a point to prove due to some kind of insecurity.
    And what point are you trying to prove with your bull-headedness?

    I love irony.

    What is your sifu's lineage?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  4. ZenOfAnger is offline
    ZenOfAnger's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. louis, MO
    Posts
    1,304

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:24pm


     Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I made some good points, Mr. Kagan.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

    -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

    The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.
  5. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    I thought I made some good points, Mr. Kagan.
    Okay. Are you pining for a cookie or something?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  6. ZenOfAnger is offline
    ZenOfAnger's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. louis, MO
    Posts
    1,304

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 8:35pm


     Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Okay. Are you pining for a cookie or something?

    I CAN HAZ COOKEY?

    Seriously, though, when it takes so much revision to get a straight answer, I usually become an ass.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

    -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

    The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.
  7. Ving Tsun is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Savannah
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    7/05/2009 11:50pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Sifu's lineage is under Ip Man. He trained under Tsims in Long Beach, CA and has been in the art for 32 years. I have seen other Ving Tsun schools that teach a "watered down" version of the art, basically 2 year sash factories which I avoided. My Sifu takes us down the long path and doesn't introduce new material until we have full understanding of the basics. I know the Ving Tsun I'm getting is REAL! If you trained under Moy Yat then I know your training was real.

    My attitude came along out of defense. I was expecting a lot of MMA fighters to come out and trash a wonderful art because it was created by a female. I hope by my corrections and this post I can put all of the negativity focused on this thread behind and discuss the wonderful art of Ving Tsun.

    God Bless!
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    7/06/2009 12:22am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post

    My attitude came along out of defense. I was expecting a lot of MMA fighters to come out and trash a wonderful art because it was created by a female.
    So, you came here looking for a fight. That's the irony Tom's Talking about.


    Just so you know:
    Tom is a Traditional Chinese Martial Arts practitioner.
    I am a Traditional Chinese Martial Arts practitioner.
    Rivington is a Traditional Chinese Martial Arts practitioner.
    1point2 is a Traditional Japanese Martial Arts practitioner.
    Kinataon is a TKDer and a BJJer.
    Vorpal is JMAer and a CMAer.
    G-Off is a Korean Martial arts with Boxing and some BJJ.
    ZenofAnger Judo and Korean Martial Arts.

    Zero MMAers your straw man is slain.

    You did something wrong, according to our rules, you fixed the problem it is done.

    Unelss, of course, you want to keep it going.
  9. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    7/06/2009 12:22am

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ving Tsun View Post
    Finally, instead of attacking me on my rating scale some of you should have KINDLY ask me to reconsider my ratings not catch an attitude.
    You were kindly asked. It's right here in the thread you should have read before posting:
    Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS Martial Arts

    How it begins:

    Please understand that our reviewing system is a) meant to work off factual criteria and b) geared toward the needs of those looking for alive, full contact training. Understand as well that our review system is not Olympic scoring and a 5-9 is an average to above average rating, not an insult. Finally, please also consider that our rating system tries to do the difficult job of creating a range that can encompass every school.

    See, a few "pleases" right up front. You ignored all of this and the injunction to read this post before commenting, thus leading to such comedy as confusing live training with community involvement.

    You're the only person here to catch an attitude. Don't complain, just comply.
  10. Dagon Akujin is offline
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar

    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842

    Posted On:
    7/06/2009 12:34am


     Style: Ving Tsun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'd be nice if you could get the lineage stuff fixed. I don't see any of the guys you mentioned on WCArchives. Tsims, a student under Yip Man? I don't see Sifu Michael Sampson listed anywhere either, but maybe he really is just that private of a guy. I also tried a search, and found just about nothing on the internets. Hmm....

    Also, you said that the sashes were "traditional". Um.... I didn't think CMAs had them until well after the Japanese had already established belts, so I'm not really quite sure how "traditional" you seem to think they are. And I'm pretty certain that Yip Man (or his students for that matter) did not hold a "sash" of any kind. Hmmm...

    You might also want to be more concrete on what you consider "the real" and what your school's focuses are. At my school, for instance, we have no problem using brute force or smashing directly into someone's face, as a general rule. As my si-taigung once said, "The best answer, to anything, is to punch the guy in the fucking face." True words. ;) We are not very "defense" or "use the attacker's strength against him" type of school, and I would put those sort of things in a review (not that I'd ever like to review my own school), along with our focus on tsui mah, which seems to be a large difference I notice between us and other practitioners I meet.

    A different way to put it, I guess, is that this review should focus a bit more on explaining your school to other _ing _un people. Don't just focus on people who don't know anything about it as an art.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.