Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Flane Walker and Dim Mak in the Navy seals?

There's a thread on Sherdog which started out as a discussion about Wong Jack Man, anyway eventually near the end of the thread a guy named Flane Walker started posting to who says to have trained with Bruce Lee back in the San Fran days. He teaches Pyong Hwa Do, Taekwondo, Won Hop Loong Chuan Gung Fu and Wu Small Circle Tai Chi and the original true sect of Dim Mak, which in his latest post claims is used by the Navy Seals themselves.

Anywhere's the thread and the most interesting quotes.

I am asked about MMA. It is fine for a sport. However, if you are training in a traditional martial art, take all pre-conceived ideas and throw them away. MMA does not allow strikes to the back of the head. That is the first place I would strike when a person was going to shoot in. Specifically Bladder 10. I would also gouge their eyes, and my middle name is alligator when I get put in a submission hold. I would take chunks out of his person with biting. I would stick my fingers up his nose as far as they would go. I would rip his ears off his head, or his thumbs off his hands if he grabbed me. See what I am saying. NO RULES.
    With Eye pokes you use googles, with bites you practice biting on redwood or cottonwood, a softwood. However Simply chewing makes the teeth a potent weapon if you simply take chunks out. Most people can do that. As for my experience? I did two tours in Vietnam as a Sog team member. That is all I wish to comment on. After 40 years the dreams still have not stopped. I have seen brave, brave men at their best and their worst. The techniques I teach are being taught at the Naval Academy. One of my students is a Naval officer and was in charge of Seal Teams. He taught them. I have Marine officers teaching my system, Naval officers, Rangers, and Air Force Commandos doing this stuff. The problem here on internet is simply, no one is responsible for their tongue. I invite anyone who will come, to come and train. In 38 years of teaching, I have never had ONE person say, it was not effective. I have had one person say he didn't like the way I moved, but he still said it was effective. I teach Dim Mak from Day One. It is the only way to teach. Dim Mak is extremely effective, it is just most people associate it with the modern concepts put out by instructors who have never been taught correctly. Those of us who do know it, simply shake our heads at those concepts based around the 5 elements. Dim mak is not 5 element based. 5 element came about in the 8th century. Dim Mak (or a version there of) has been seen on the Egyptian Tombs depicting concepts of war. I always try to be respectful. It is part of being a martial artist. Unfortunately there are few traditionalist left who teach mind, body, and spirit. T

Flane
    Starting Page 24
    Source: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/wong-jack-man-898115/index23.html

Thoughts?

Posted On:
    7/06/2009 3:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think this got buried in the moderation queue. Bump!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 1:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok cheers buddy.

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 1:40am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I googled eye pokes while grappling. It didn't work like he said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 1:58am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a coincidence. A gentleman named Flane Walker co-authored a Dim Mak book : Amazon.com: The Ancient Art of Life and Death: The Complete Book of Dim-Mak: Rick Bauer, Flane Walker: Books

A. Flane Walker is a traditional taoist martial artist, acupuncturist, herbalist and student of Asiduedro Adlawana, Walker Pinkett, and Mastuetsu Kushubi. He was the last of Master Kushubi’s students to be taught the complete 36-Chamber training sequence. Among his other accomplishments, Mr. Walker has served as vice president of Tiger Yangs Moo Ye Do International, and taught at West Coast Hotokan headquarters, where he and the late Edwin Hamile “compared and exchanged concepts.” Mr. Walker is now considered the Grand Master of the Won Hop Loong Chuan system of martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 7:32am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have Marine officers teaching my system, Naval officers, Rangers, and Air Force Commandos doing this stuff.

Air Force Commandos? Since when?

I don't remember any Air Force Commandos, and I worked with Spec Ops people alot. I provided their intell that they acted upon, so I guess you can say that I had some contact with them. I really don't remember any Air Force Commandos!

Try again, Jack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 8:50am

Style: Noob-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkieusa View Post
    Air Force Commandos? Since when?
    Might be trying (and failing) to refer to Combat Controllers or PJs. His lack of ability to use their proper names elevates him to "Poser Fail" status.

Or he could just be a moron.

EDIT: Wait, his system is taught at the Naval Academy? Since when did they start teaching Middies how to fight without pushing buttons?
    Last edited by ShaolinKungPao; 7/07/2009 8:55am at .

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Flane"?

"FLANE"?!!?

Both parents must have had a serious hate-on for this kid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am asked about MMA. It is fine for a sport. However, if you are training in a traditional martial art, take all pre-conceived ideas and throw them away. MMA does not allow strikes to the back of the head. That is the first place I would strike when a person was going to shoot in. Specifically Bladder 10. I would also gouge their eyes, and my middle name is alligator when I get put in a submission hold. I would take chunks out of his person with biting. I would stick my fingers up his nose as far as they would go. I would rip his ears off his head, or his thumbs off his hands if he grabbed me. See what I am saying. NO RULES.
    I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this line of argument. The fact that he advocates strikes to the back of the head as a defence against the shoot fairly extensively shows that he has not had any experience against someone with a decent shoot.

The only way to hit the back of the head is to pull a strike in towards yourself, because posture should never be compromised in a shoot. In other words, he's got someone to try a shoot and they've come in with their head down and ass up.

And it never ceases to stun me; the emphasis people put on biting. It can hurt like hell and do some serious damage, but NOT to the point of "ripping chunks out of people." It would be difficult even to tear into the jugular or carotid arteries for a fatal bite, because our teeth are simply not designed carniverously (sp?).

We are not carnivores. Our teeth aren't designed for dealing that sort of damage.

He sounds like the sort of guy who advocates biting your way out of armbars and triangles, or gouging your way out from under mount or side control, and doesn't understand the simple fact that those techniques are by and large useless from an inferior position, and an inferior position is exactly where you're going to end up if you try to counter proficient double legs by striking to the back of the head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 9:41am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinKungPao View Post
    Might be trying (and failing) to refer to Combat Controllers or PJs. His lack of ability to use their proper names elevates him to "Poser Fail" status.

Or he could just be a moron.

EDIT: Wait, his system is taught at the Naval Academy? Since when did they start teaching Middies how to fight without pushing buttons?
    I agree.

You former AF? I was a Crypto Tech (old 306x0 AFSC), and played with some pretty strange stuff and people while I ws in.
    Last edited by chalkieusa; 7/07/2009 9:51am at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast