Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Last minute:Kat and I competing in WKA North Americans in Richmond, VA This weekend!

http://www.combatsportschallenge.com/index.html

Totally last minute fight, but Kat and I have been asked by the gym we teach at to compete in the WKA North American championships this weekend. If anyone is going to be at the tournament, keep a look out for us :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 9:21pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet! Good luck! Do they have a fight card posted yet? Couldn't find any links on the website.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 9:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a tournament (muaythai and MMA), and no, they don't have it listed anywhere who all is competing, which is one of the reasons why we didn't consider competing until the guys at Ascension approached us about it. We'll find out when we get there! I'll try and report in tomorrow night if we have internet access at any point.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate that you guys fight for/work at ascension.... Those guys have been total douchebags twice at grappling comps... I almost got murdered by one of the purple belts while arguing about whether a takedown was legal or illegal. The shitty thing is that I was right, and the ref said I was right, as did every non ascension person there, but they had so many people and raised such a big stink that the tournament director came over and over ruled everyone. And it wasn't even me who did the throw... I just saw that they were gonna screw this guy out of his win and tried to help.
    So yeah, some of their guys are kind of douchebaggy...

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 11:04pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to come and kinda-sorta meet you both, but I can't imagine how I'd get a ride. Poor little handicapped me can't drive, and none of my loved ones would be caught dead at such an event (I have to watch MMA all by my lonesome, thanks be to Phrost that I can come here to talk about it).

Hope y'all kick much ass, I'll stick to trying to convince total strangers to attend local fights.

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 2:36am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck to y'all. Here's to you taking it all by putting people to sleep.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 4:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I hate that you guys fight for/work at ascension.... Those guys have been total douchebags twice at grappling comps... I almost got murdered by one of the purple belts while arguing about whether a takedown was legal or illegal. The shitty thing is that I was right, and the ref said I was right, as did every non ascension person there, but they had so many people and raised such a big stink that the tournament director came over and over ruled everyone. And it wasn't even me who did the throw... I just saw that they were gonna screw this guy out of his win and tried to help.
    So yeah, some of their guys are kind of douchebaggy...
    I don't know everyone at Ascension, but I do know it's a really small upstart gym run by really cool people that basically don't make any money doing it. Every gym is going to have it's jerks, but the people that own/run Ascension are great people.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 4:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I would love to come and kinda-sorta meet you both, but I can't imagine how I'd get a ride. Poor little handicapped me can't drive, and none of my loved ones would be caught dead at such an event (I have to watch MMA all by my lonesome, thanks be to Phrost that I can come here to talk about it).

Hope y'all kick much ass, I'll stick to trying to convince total strangers to attend local fights.
    Well thanks for the thought anyhow :)

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 5:24am

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too bad it's this weekend. We're driving up to Baltimore to spend the weekend with family over the 4th. I would have stopped in on the way and watched/hooted and hollered/shouted helpful encouragement, otherwise.

I noticed on the flyer the events are both MMA and Kickboxing. Which are you two doing?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 1:59pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    I don't know everyone at Ascension, but I do know it's a really small upstart gym run by really cool people that basically don't make any money doing it. Every gym is going to have it's jerks, but the people that own/run Ascension are great people.
    Isn't Ascension run by Junior and Rafael Ascunçao?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast