Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll do it in a new thread; lets leave this one on point.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2010 11:23am

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit, Mark! Alright, in the corner, with you. You know the position.

LOL, I would have loved to have been there for that. Yes, sir.

Posted On:
    3/25/2011 5:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gentlemen, this is a post I made in another, relatively-recent thread on Matt Morton. My only reason for cross-posting it here is to ensure max exposure.

-tango
    PS: highlights in the attached email were done by me...

[/quote]Guys,

For what it's worth, Matt Morton's head has popped up with an iaido guy I know in St Louis.
    Said iaido guy is an AUSKF-certified 1.kyu and, in an attempt to keep up with it, he leads an iaido practice (just setei to my knowledge) with just a couple other complete newbies.

Anyway [decided to edit this post], Morton is still claiming some things (see email below that I received from my iaido buddy).

If anyone is even remotely interested in background story for Mr Morton's email, please feel free to PM me....

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:01:17 -0700
    Subject: Iaido Koryo Gumdo class
    To: kcc......son@juno.com; tni.......27@yahoo.com; j......@hotmail.com

Guys,

It is all good to have class at my house until I can get a room space at Grace which should be soon. However, I want to be real clear........I am satellite school of the United States Tae Kwon Do Federation. I am using the name, Gumdo at Grace. I am all for sharing time for iaido, the sword drawing but I am going to teach the Korean Curriculum. I am a 5th dan in a korean sword art and am getting this area for us. If some people dont want to learn the Korean Curriculum as well then that sucks because I am not going to let an ikkyu high jack a class I am teaching. This is plainly and certainly not open to discussion.

I will rank people in the korean art of Koryo Gumdo as I am certified as a fifth dan to do so. I have the backing of the World Koryo Gumdo Association to do so. I was glad to see some were open to seeing the korean stuff yesterday, but it is my class.....my space.......my dan ranking, I have shown that I am all about learning and am not an ego maniac about rank. But to be perfectly honest if you think you are going to come to a class I started and did all the work for and you are going to teach what you want too just because you feel like it and "I have spent to long doing this to be doing anything else." Then please don't come to Grace. I am trying to foster a positive training environment, however, I do have a 7th dan in Judo, 5th in Koryo Gumdo, 5th in Hapkido, and 3rd in Tae Kwon Do. I have studied martial arts for 30 years and will not be told how a class I started is going to be ran. Please take into consideration that I have been with the class for several months now and have never argued or said "I am a black belt in this or that so I am doing it the way I want to." I want everyone to train and learn together but it is my class. I am sharing the teaching not handing it over.

[name redacted] and [name redacted], I am gracious that you both thanked me for opening my home to train, thank you. I really appreciate those that came into my home and trained Friday night, you are more than welcome to at anytime. I plan to have the classes at 7 every Friday until I can get a class space started.

Have a wonderful day,

Matt Morton

I did show the bullshido expose' to my St Louis iaido buddy to confirm this is all the same guy, and that was confirmed.

So... for whatever that's worth to anybody. [/quote]
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678