Sponsored Links Spacer Image

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have recieved a request to post information re: the belt Matt is wearing in the above image (#28). Here are two different views of the belt, mirror imaged and enhanced to show the reverse embroidery text more clearly.

The text reads "Mul Soo Kwan Institute, Lee H. Park" and the forward facing text (see #28) says "Matt M. Morton, 2nd Dan"

Matt, why are you claiming only red belt (1st gyup) in Hapkido instead of the 2nd Dan rank to which you would seem entitled? Moreover, why fake 2nd Dan in Judo (the appology for which was much appreciated) when you are already a legit 2nd Dan in Hapkido? I'm confused.

I'm glad you want to answer our questions. Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work! :smiley:
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Ben,

Let me go over your post, and reply.

<<<I think that USJA is now informed about the allegations surrounding Matt's claim to nidan issued by USJA.>>>

I would suspect this is the case.

<<<Perhaps it would be best to let USJA handle the matter now that they have taken an interest, due to the efforts of Bullshido. Questions as to the ongoing process at USJA perhaps ought to be directed to the USJA.>>>

I did not ask any question about the USJA process. It of course is up to them how they wish to handle the matter as it concerns them. However, I did ask questions about Mr. Morton's history. I will continue to do so as it is those very questions that brought us to where we are. To date, we have not had honest answers. It is in the best interest of Mr. Morton to answer them, as I am only asking publicly what many others are thinking privately.

<<<Of course, you may well be just giving Matt a friendly "shot across the bow" of what he may be subject too, and that is certainly a considerate and caring thing to do as he has admitted to something.>>>

Actually I am doing three things:

A. Giving Mr. Morton the chance to clear up the errors of his prior statements.

B. Giving Mr. Morton the chance to tell us what his legitimate and verified Judo experience is.

C. Giving Mr. Morton, through USJA verification, to officially earn a rank he may be skilled enough to hold, but not have legitimate certification in.

As a Bronze Patron Life Member of the USJA, a certified level examiner and coach, and a legitimate certified Rokudan with USJA, as well as someone with an interest in this working out to Mr. Morton's best interests, I think those three things need to be addressed, and I can assist him in addressing them.

<<<I would suspect that USJA has a record of how, when, where, and by whom Matt was promoted to nidan, including his previous promotion history, and should be able to pretty easily verify his claim. If not, then I it seems to me up to them to pursue any remedies, legal or otherwise.>>>

Again, USJA will follow whatever actions they see fit as to their relationship with Mr. Morton. Here at Bullshido, I suspect they will follow whatever actions they see fit as to their relationship with Mr. Morton. I insist Mr. Morton address those issues if he wishes to have a respectful and honest relationship with me. Therein is what is missed elsewhere. I make no demands other than what is in MY own interest. Mr. Morton wants my help, and asked me to get him tags on this site for instructor and Judo black belt. Before I vouch for him, he will have to answer my questions. If he neither cares for or wishes my support, he may feel free to ignore my questions.

In closing Ben, you might want to look up "Odd claim against Mark Tripp" over here, and see how easy it would have been to avoid all of this in the first place.

Best Wishes

Mark Tripp

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 6:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Dear Ben,

Let me go over your post, and reply.

<<<I think that USJA is now informed about the allegations surrounding Matt's claim to nidan issued by USJA.>>>

I would suspect this is the case.

<<<Perhaps it would be best to let USJA handle the matter now that they have taken an interest, due to the efforts of Bullshido. Questions as to the ongoing process at USJA perhaps ought to be directed to the USJA.>>>

I did not ask any question about the USJA process. It of course is up to them how they wish to handle the matter as it concerns them. However, I did ask questions about Mr. Morton's history. I will continue to do so as it is those very questions that brought us to where we are. To date, we have not had honest answers. It is in the best interest of Mr. Morton to answer them, as I am only asking publicly what many others are thinking privately.

<<<Of course, you may well be just giving Matt a friendly "shot across the bow" of what he may be subject too, and that is certainly a considerate and caring thing to do as he has admitted to something.>>>

Actually I am doing three things:

A. Giving Mr. Morton the chance to clear up the errors of his prior statements.

B. Giving Mr. Morton the chance to tell us what his legitimate and verified Judo experience is.

C. Giving Mr. Morton, through USJA verification, to officially earn a rank he may be skilled enough to hold, but not have legitimate certification in.

As a Bronze Patron Life Member of the USJA, a certified level examiner and coach, and a legitimate certified Rokudan with USJA, as well as someone with an interest in this working out to Mr. Morton's best interests, I think those three things need to be addressed, and I can assist him in addressing them.

<<<I would suspect that USJA has a record of how, when, where, and by whom Matt was promoted to nidan, including his previous promotion history, and should be able to pretty easily verify his claim. If not, then I it seems to me up to them to pursue any remedies, legal or otherwise.>>>

Again, USJA will follow whatever actions they see fit as to their relationship with Mr. Morton. Here at Bullshido, I suspect they will follow whatever actions they see fit as to their relationship with Mr. Morton. I insist Mr. Morton address those issues if he wishes to have a respectful and honest relationship with me. Therein is what is missed elsewhere. I make no demands other than what is in MY own interest. Mr. Morton wants my help, and asked me to get him tags on this site for instructor and Judo black belt. Before I vouch for him, he will have to answer my questions. If he neither cares for or wishes my support, he may feel free to ignore my questions.

In closing Ben, you might want to look up "Odd claim against Mark Tripp" over here, and see how easy it would have been to avoid all of this in the first place.

Best Wishes

Mark Tripp
    Mark,

Thanks for the well thought out response.

What seems odd to me is that you seem to be acting as an agent/representive for USJA. That may be entirely appropriate under USJA byelaws and operating procedures. You'll have to tell me, as I do not know.

The situation to me looks like this:

USJA may have been defrauded by Matt regarding his rank of nidan in Judo.

Note that you personally have not been defrauded by Matt regarding that rank, as you did not issue the rank. Matt may well have lied to you personally about his Judo rank (we don't know yet), but again, you did not issue the rank or certify his rank.

In fact, we don't know if Matt simply presented fake Kodokan papers, (or other documents), if he actually tested for nidan under USJA auspices, or presented other real official documents to get his rank of nidan listed under the JA.

The USJA should have some sort of record. Why not contact them again and get details? Confession is good for the soul, but the only way you will be able to verify anything regarding Matt's claimed is rank is from JA, as they issued the card with "Nidan" on it.

Dr. DeMaars, the President of USJA, is a member of the Judoforum. She posts and reads regularly. She is well aquainted with Neil O., whose Kodokan documents were misused.

As you know, I mean no disrespect to you.

Regards,

Ben Reinhardt

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 7:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<What seems odd to me is that you seem to be acting as an agent/representive for USJA. That may be entirely appropriate under USJA byelaws and operating procedures. You'll have to tell me, as I do not know.>>>

No sir, not at all. I said that above. Mr. Morton has asked me to vouch for him. I will not do so until some questions have been answered. We have a great deal of proof his materials are forged. Again, how USJA wishes to deal with it is up to them. But, and here is the part you are missing, he is asking ME to vouch for him. As such, he needs to meet MY requirements, IF, he wants me to.

<<<USJA may have been defrauded by Matt regarding his rank of nidan in Judo.>>>

Well, I think there is more than enough evidence that all of Mr. Morton's Judo papers have been forged. If USJA used another method to grade Mr. Morton, we are waiting to hear of it.

<<<Note that you personally have not been defrauded by Matt regarding that rank, as you did not issue the rank. Matt may well have lied to you personally about his Judo rank (we don't know yet), but again, you did not issue the rank or certify his rank.>>>

Not the issue at all. Moreover, I reject the premise that this concerns only the Governing bodies. Especially in light of the fact they seem not to want to deal with this issue. To be clear, Bullshido's problem with ANYONE is false claims and fake ranks. MY problem is if you ask me to vouch for you, I am going to have to be sure about you. I am not about Mr. Morton.

<<<<In fact, we don't know if Matt simply presented fake Kodokan papers, (or other documents), if he actually tested for nidan under USJA auspices, or presented other real official documents to get his rank of nidan listed under the JA.>>>>

Actually we do. No where has Mr. Morton posted his USJA rank certificate. The certs he has posted have all been fake. I have a usji card, I do not have a usji certificate. This is because they did not certify me. Such is the case with Mr. Morton, I have no doubt. If he did have such a paper, we would have seen it long ago for him to get out of this mess.

<<<The USJA should have some sort of record. Why not contact them again and get details? Confession is good for the soul, but the only way you will be able to verify anything regarding Matt's claimed is rank is from JA, as they issued the card with "Nidan" on it.>>>

Again, I have asked Mr. Morton to provide that information. If he does not, I will not vouch for him. As to the rest of the world, that is between he and they.

<<<Dr. DeMaars, the President of USJA, is a member of the Judoforum. She posts and reads regularly. She is well aquainted with Neil O., whose Kodokan documents were misused.>>>>

Misused is putting a very nice word on a very evil act.

<<<As you know, I mean no disrespect to you.>>>

None taken, although I wish you had been this ardent in your defense when you were at the Underground and Quincy Rice was being an insulting jerk towards me for almost 10 years.....

...and still is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:23pm

Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading the opening post was quite heart breaking.

Mark, have you thought about getting out of Michigan? That state's economy has been in a depression for years. Your chances of finding meaningful work could only improve by taking up residence elsewhere. I'm merely an out-of-shape Judo hobbyist, but hell, if I had the access to someone in my local area of your background, I'd drop my current training and pay to have private lessons in my basement. I've got mats and modest space for training that I use with my 7 year old. It's hard to comprehend how bad the economy must be up there that there's not a greater demand for your instruction.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 8:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    <<<What seems odd to me is that you seem to be acting as an agent/representive for USJA. That may be entirely appropriate under USJA byelaws and operating procedures. You'll have to tell me, as I do not know.>>>

No sir, not at all. I said that above. Mr. Morton has asked me to vouch for him. I will not do so until some questions have been answered. We have a great deal of proof his materials are forged. Again, how USJA wishes to deal with it is up to them. But, and here is the part you are missing, he is asking ME to vouch for him. As such, he needs to meet MY requirements, IF, he wants me to.

<<<USJA may have been defrauded by Matt regarding his rank of nidan in Judo.>>>

Well, I think there is more than enough evidence that all of Mr. Morton's Judo papers have been forged. If USJA used another method to grade Mr. Morton, we are waiting to hear of it.

<<<Note that you personally have not been defrauded by Matt regarding that rank, as you did not issue the rank. Matt may well have lied to you personally about his Judo rank (we don't know yet), but again, you did not issue the rank or certify his rank.>>>

Not the issue at all. Moreover, I reject the premise that this concerns only the Governing bodies. Especially in light of the fact they seem not to want to deal with this issue. To be clear, Bullshido's problem with ANYONE is false claims and fake ranks. MY problem is if you ask me to vouch for you, I am going to have to be sure about you. I am not about Mr. Morton.

<<<<In fact, we don't know if Matt simply presented fake Kodokan papers, (or other documents), if he actually tested for nidan under USJA auspices, or presented other real official documents to get his rank of nidan listed under the JA.>>>>

Actually we do. No where has Mr. Morton posted his USJA rank certificate. The certs he has posted have all been fake. I have a usji card, I do not have a usji certificate. This is because they did not certify me. Such is the case with Mr. Morton, I have no doubt. If he did have such a paper, we would have seen it long ago for him to get out of this mess.

<<<The USJA should have some sort of record. Why not contact them again and get details? Confession is good for the soul, but the only way you will be able to verify anything regarding Matt's claimed is rank is from JA, as they issued the card with "Nidan" on it.>>>

Again, I have asked Mr. Morton to provide that information. If he does not, I will not vouch for him. As to the rest of the world, that is between he and they.

<<<Dr. DeMaars, the President of USJA, is a member of the Judoforum. She posts and reads regularly. She is well aquainted with Neil O., whose Kodokan documents were misused.>>>>

Misused is putting a very nice word on a very evil act.

<<<As you know, I mean no disrespect to you.>>>

None taken, although I wish you had been this ardent in your defense when you were at the Underground and Quincy Rice was being an insulting jerk towards me for almost 10 years.....

...and still is.
    You are a bigger guy than me, Mark. I wouldn't vouch for him no matter what acts of contrition he did. Hopefully he will be able to reform himself with your help. If he did defraud JA, though somehow, they might not be willing to re-grade him or whatever regardless. But, as you say, that is up to USJA. IF they do anything at all about it, which is there prerogitive.

I see your point of view now, Mark. I was not and am not trying to convince you otherwise.

Regarding the whole UG thing, Mark, I remember what you are talking about. As to my lack of defense for you, or my lack of support for some sort of official process to defend you, in that whole process, what can I say? The whole scene was incredibly ugly and personal, and I chose to stay out of it. That was nothing personal against you, or for Quincy, Walt, et al.

Regards,

Ben Reinhardt

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaRonin View Post
    Reading the opening post was quite heart breaking.

Mark, have you thought about getting out of Michigan? That state's economy has been in a depression for years. Your chances of finding meaningful work could only improve by taking up residence elsewhere. I'm merely an out-of-shape Judo hobbyist, but hell, if I had the access to someone in my local area of your background, I'd drop my current training and pay to have private lessons in my basement. I've got mats and modest space for training that I use with my 7 year old. It's hard to comprehend how bad the economy must be up there that there's not a greater demand for your instruction.
    i've got a guest suite and st. louis has a job market that is at least hiring right now.

i can haz judo grand-poobah roommate plz? all you have to do is put up with keeping the kitchen kosher and help me perfect the big 4.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 10:38pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    i've got a guest suite and st. louis has a job market that is at least hiring right now.

i can haz judo grand-poobah roommate plz? all you have to do is put up with keeping the kitchen kosher and help me perfect the big 4.

My gramps has a free bedroom at his house if you ever need one in STL, Mr. Tripp. He needs the company, since grandma died...:XXfridge::sad:
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 6:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark Hunter is working on me coming to Ohio; Findlay/Lima area/ I have found a part time job that pays about $200 a week. Its minimum wage; but includes a YMCA membership.

If I could find a teaching/magic/anything really gig that payed another $200 a week on top of that, I'd be gone.

Posted On:
    7/03/2009 6:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Regarding the whole UG thing, Mark, I remember what you are talking about. As to my lack of defense for you, or my lack of support for some sort of official process to defend you, in that whole process, what can I say? The whole scene was incredibly ugly and personal, and I chose to stay out of it. That was nothing personal against you, or for Quincy, Walt, et al.>>>

Ben, they should have been banned. Lots of places do it, for far less than they did. The fact that I willingly banned myself so the forum could move forward has been lost to history, and to this day, over 10 years later, they are still doing the same stuff.

It means nothing to me now, but as I said, I find the selective outrage over what Bullshido does vs what they did and are doing "interesting."
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast