Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread: High School MMA

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by juke_box_hero View Post
    I am a martial artist and was a wrestler in winchester back in the 80s and 90s. Winchester has a great wrestling program lead by Larry T and has a history of martial artists. Rudi Ott and Tony Fryklund were in HS with me there. Rudi was on our wrestling team. Good to see the old wrestling room got a facelift. It was more of a dungeon back in the day. Good luck Winchester martial artists.
    IIRC Rudi is from North Cambridge/Carhouse Gate area. Did he move for HS? I didn't know Tony and Rudi knew each other.

Boston San Shou 4 Eva!

Edit: You need to go to newbietown and do an intro thread.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we just got our approval for next near as an after school program, the district hired a new pricipal & the super retired,

we treat it as the summer wrestling program, for what it is worth!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudi is from cambridge. His mom is an art teacher at WHS. Hence he was able to go to HS there.
    I can not confirm if Rudi and Tony knew each other. I knew them both, but they didnt really hang in similar groups.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny thing, I ran into my old buddy Tim "Fugi" norman a few years back and in conversation about his MMA and San Shou training Rudi Otts name came up as a guy Fugi was training with. THats when I realized the guy who looked like Rudi who was always cornering Cung Le on ESPN was really Rudi.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345