Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK OK here it is, a live one----NO **** THIS CAME OFF THE ATA BOARD:
    http://www.ataonline.com/forum/index.html
    No 2775 - 26
    "there is nothing wrong with a 6 year old black belt if he knows what he is doing and if he takes taekwondo serious. i am a 2nd degree and i have no problem taking instruction from a 6 year old who knows what is really going on. But it is somewhat hard for an adult to understand exactly what the 6 year old wants from them. and unless the six year has exceptional leadership skills it is hard for them to explain to an adult how to do a certian move and why that move is being done at that specific time. if the kid has what it takes then pat him on the back and give him what he deserves and if the kid is mature enough to have great leadership skills then he is also matue enough to understand age requirements."

YOU BELIEVE THIS------------ARG
  2. Michael

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 9:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cough cough, Okay I'm done puking.

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 9:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does everyone want (need) a belt so bad??? Its a piece of cloth.. Im for removing the belt system, and you train, then instead of people learning things for a colored cloth, they learn for the fight....

cause its been demonstrated before, having the belt doesnt make the person...

my idea of a good school: "More training, more sparing, more fighting, less talking...."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i mean, anyone here play little league???

Me, i was scared to get hit by a pitch the first time, then, that day comes, it hurt a little, not near as bad as you think, and you get right up there and keep batting....

Same goes for getting hit, why do boxers not fear punches like a common guy.... they get hit a lot and realize, it aint that bad at all...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No F'n way! I am sorry but I would never take instructions from a 6 year old black belt...Serious or not.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O.K. I'm convinced. The ATA is complete joke. There is no way that a 2nd Degree BB adult is going to take instruction from a 6 year old child. BB or not. Whew, I'm almost enrolled my boys with these people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aruv,
    I don't think belts are fundamentally a bad idea. They just need to actually mean something.

"You were bored .... so you thought you'ld try some kung fu"
  8. Michael

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyboody see that this was written by a 17 year old? She was whining about getting her blackbelt so young and then not having anything to do. HEY ATAMAN, post on there that I told her that she's got a lot of growing up to do. Thanks.

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me, I feel a belt is a feel good type thing... I feel good when I learn something new that I can practically use.

But, I guess for some people, they need the feel good thing... my view "Wanna know how good you are, get in the ring (Cage, whatever)...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2002 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But K, your right, if you are going to use them they should mean something....
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast