Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 7:35am

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Racism, amongst many other 'isms' should really be non-existent over the interwebs... for the simple reason, the method of communication is (usually) the written word.

So most forms of expression are devoid of any social, sexual or racial definitions.

So, in theory at least - they shouldn't even even be considered an issue on forums, because it's a forum for discussion devoid of any of that BS..... but sadly that is a theory.

The practice is a little more different, look at the responses on YT or some such... so many mouth boxers and trolls all desperate to get some reaction from people, either good or bad as long as they get one... because that is their goal & purpose.

And it is hard not to make the usual knee-jerk response from this kind of ass-hattery, it really is... most people have got pulled into a mini-argument based on nothing more than a few stupid an socially retarding words.

Having seen the effects first hand of racial abuse (an old friend was the target for a game of 'kick the Paki' - not pretty and embarrassing to myself as someone who is white), I despise the thought that in the 21st century skin colour should be an issue... especially when a communication method makes it a totally futile point of view.

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the real world, it behooves us as humans to point out that **** like that doesn’t have any place in our society. We’ve evolved.

We haven't "evolved" past racism, homophobia, or sexism, and we're still under the same economic system focused on production for profit instead of need that imposed those ideologies on the working class.

Racism, homophobia, misogyny and the other innumerable isms should be challenged – intellectually at first, if possible- wherever their many heads peek from between their arse-cheeks.
    I agree, as long as you don't mean something like putting hate speech laws in governmental life and just talking about bullshido. I'm totally opposed to hate speech laws, but anything personal like a forum/etc, we know that **** is stupid and doesn't have a place.

If we don’t, they get brave. They get organized. We don’t want that.
    Eh, that's more of a scaremonger tactic. They're already organized, we're just past the historical epoch where racism, sexism, and homophobia benefit the ruling class.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678