Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

poser

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:04pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I couldn't care less about what other people say, largely because I don't take any offense of any kind at so-called "hate speech." If you take offense, that's your problem.

That said, I do understand that there are some words that some people for whatever reason do not like, so I tend not to say them out of respect.

As stupid as it is to take offense to any one word or any words, you can't just go around saying a large group of people's feelings and opinions are wrong. So it's only polite to just humor them until they open their eyes to the reality that there's nothing wrong with the word "******."

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to be able to spit Jay-Z lyrics without having to dick-tuck with a bunch of asterisks in there, but it's not worth getting banned over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:28pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    Well, almost. Because straight white males are often perceived as the perpetrators of the racist/sexist/homophobic ****, generally our views are dismissed out of hand.
    This point neatly illustrates the mine field that this topic is. The opinion of a white male, dismissed out of hand simply because he is a white male.

That's a little racist...

I recall some of Chris Rocks speech on racism where he concludes that, it isn't really ok for a white man to use the 'N'-word.

But if that is the case... Isn't excluding a word from someone's vocabulary, purely on the basis of their skin colour, I dunno, a little racist...?

And are we talking about the "******" version of the word...? Or are we talking about the attempt to reappropriate the word by making it into "Nigga"...?

Is it ok for a white man to refer to a black man as "My Nigga" Meaning 'Brother'...?

Are we making giving this to much power by the constant discussions and violent reactions to said word...?

I mean, the Brits call the french 'Frogs' and they call us 'Ross beefs' and we were killing each other for a hundred years... That would provide some awsome cultural baggage... But no one really care's now.

I dunno, I 'm speculating out loud here....
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:30pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww View Post
    Personally, I couldn't care less about what other people say, largely because I don't take any offense of any kind at so-called "hate speech." If you take offense, that's your problem.

That said, I do understand that there are some words that some people for whatever reason do not like, so I tend not to say them out of respect.

As stupid as it is to take offense to any one word or any words, you can't just go around saying a large group of people's feelings and opinions are wrong. So it's only polite to just humor them until they open their eyes to the reality that there's nothing wrong with the word "******."
    I assume you're a white dude. But most likely just an idiot.

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We can still make rape jokes about 3moose1, right?

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:33pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the deal with you people and the whole "giving the word too much power" bullshit?

I mean, honestly, such a banal justification. Humor me everyone, when I accuse you all of being white supremacists. After all, it's just another word.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:36pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    We can still make rape jokes about 3moose1, right?
    Anything less, just wouldn't be cricket...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Go back to MAP you limey fag!!!
    Racist!!!!! banplzkthnxbai
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    What is the deal with you people and the whole "giving the word too much power" bullshit?

I mean, honestly, such a banal justification. Humor me everyone, when I accuse you all of being white supremacists. After all, it's just another word.
    You just undermined your own argument with your choice of example.

"white supremacist" is a phrase (not a "word"). You can use that phrase in polite company. It carries negative connotations about the person it's applied to, but is not considered taboo or offensive in and of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: All the fake stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that so many get so wound up over such trivial **** like who uses what word when and in what context while wearing what color skin just shows what a large bunch of fucking oversensitive, immature panty-waists exist in this world. Where I work, I am almost always in the racial minority, and I don't cry or get offended when someone throws a little word my way to get under my skin, it's usually the most insecure people that do it. Words only have as power as you give to them, if you are going to let some jackass get you all worked up with a word or two, you should probably seek counseling. When someone is obviously trying to start **** with you by running their mouth, you need to decide when it's worth it to give them what they are asking for, but engaging in a verbal or in the internet case, written pissing contest is just asinine, and makes you look like a complete tool. Oh, and nice to meet everyone.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how there's so many people getting offended over sochin pointing out that offensive words are offensive. How dare he!

Seriously, some of you people are really, really attached to your ability to use racial slurs. What's up with that?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast